Chapter 25

Kylo's P.O.V

I stormed out of the interrogation room that held the resistance pilot Poe Dameron, I could barely even shut my eyes without seeing Elora's damned face. I knew her perception of me has changed following last night's events, I was angry and ashamed. General Hux came into my view, he was the absolute last person I needed to see today. "It's in a droid. A BB unit." I quickly tried to go to Elora's room, "Well then if it's on Jakku, we'll soon have it." I cringed at his voice. "I leave that to you.", "Oh, and Ren?" I stopped in my tracks and faced Hux. "Snoke is curious... About the girl and he wants to see her as soon as possible, his orders." He smugly smiled and I turned and stomped away to Elora's room.

I didn't bother to knock or state my presence, she needed to hear me out. Elora was the only person who saw me for who I am and not what I'm known for in the galaxy. She sat on her couch reading a book, it must've been boring to just sit and read all day but I think she enjoys it. I immediately took off my mask, "We need to talk." I stated as I sat down beside her. Elora narrowed her eyes at me, "Talk about what? The fact that you're a cold-blooded murderer of the innocent? That wasn't right Kylo, there were kids and elderly." I sensed anger in her voice. She had every right to be angry at me.

"I could not have the resistance catching on to what we're doing. It could harm the whole plan, there spies out there. They deserved to die." She threw her book at me, "Who are you to dictate who lives and dies? They were innocent!" Elora screamed at me. I've never seen her this angry and it made it even worse that I was attracted to it. "It is my duty as commander of the First Order to wipe out any resistance fighters. Young, old, short, or tall, it doesn't matter! They die!" I began to grow impatient with her lack of understanding of my motive for what I did on Jakku. Elora stood up, her cheeks were bright red with anger. "Do you hear how horrifying that is? No wonder everyone is so scared of you! You're a monster!" She stood up screaming.

At this point, I had heard enough and I quickly stood up as well, my tall frame loomed over her small one. "I have seen and experienced things no human being should've ever had! I know what true evil is and it brings me no shame to say I am that. But I am also a leader, Elora! I do what's right for my allegiance with the order and I do not care who has to die for me to bring honor to Supreme Leader Snoke who I also might add is looking to see you! He could kill you with a snap of the finger, girl." I said the last part quietly while getting close to her face. 

"I sense fear? You're scared of me? You should be." I backed up and began to walk to the door, "But remember this, Elora. I may not be the sweet little boy that you remember me being all those years ago. I do know this though, you are still the dumb naive little girl I always knew.". I put my mask back on and stormed out of her chambers...

Elora's P.O.V

After Kylo left my room I was in shock. No one has spoken to me in such a rude manner before. Not even Xander when we would have our petty squabbles. I dropped to my knees and fell to the floor, I curled into a ball and began sobbing loudly. 

Not only did I sob because I was just rudely yelled at for speaking the truth or because I was intimidated. I cried because I knew this was my life now. Being spoken to any old way or being demanded to do things. I just wanted to return home, I didn't care if my planet or castle was in ruins. I hated it on base, I had no one here. I thought Kylo was good but he's just as they say he was... 

I laid there for a few minutes contemplating my whole existence. I figured I couldn't just sit here and feel sorry for myself. I felt like a weakling and that only hurt my self-esteem. I got up and walked to my room to make myself presentable. My eyes were red and puffy and I looked a mess. 'This won't do, Elora.' I told myself as I fixed my hair. It didn't take me much to look normal again. As if the emotional baggage in my head wasn't too heavy for me to carry, I looked just fine. I needed something to do, something that would take my mind off things.

The library instantly popped into my mind. What better way to clear my mind than to pick out some new books? On my way out I grabbed a few that I've already read and begun my walk to the library. The halls were quiet as usual except for the annoying beeping, I passed stormtrooper after stormtrooper and they were all the same. Suddenly I passed the man from Jakku, he was being escorted by a stormtrooper and they whispered to themselves. It was odd, normally the stormtroopers aren't by themselves when with prisoners. They straightened up as soon as they saw me, "Uh... Good evening ma'am. Nothing to see here, move along." the stormtrooper stammered and I hesitantly but quickly walked to the library.

I spent a long time browsing through the books, no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get Kylo out of my mind. What else was new? He could shove, spit, and even call me every name but Elora and I'd still care for him. I know the real him, he can't keep up that facade with me...

It was like clockwork, Kylo Ren was now beside me. "Why do you bother me everywhere I go? Can't I have a moment of true privacy?" I was annoyed but still happy to see him at the same time. "I came to apologize. I know you won't understand my duties so I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you." He had his mask lifted slightly as he whispered. I looked at him and motioned for him to continue, "And... Sometimes it's hard for me to control my temper. I know some of those people were innocent but I have duties to my people, I'm sure you understand that." he lowered his mask back down and I thought for a moment.

I opened my mouth to speak but my words were instantly drowned out by the loud sound of sirens and the sound of boots running against the floor.

The constant drama of living here did not surprise me...