Chapter 22

Elora's P.O.V

I was very distraught as we made our way through space to reach the First Order. Everything I knew was gone, my kingdom, my home, my friends, and even my precious library. Everything I ever called home was gone in an instant. I was now on my way to an unfamiliar place with people I didn't know. It was very scary, a million questions flew through my mind just as fast as we flew through the galaxies. I was every emotion you could think of besides okay or happy.

It didn't take long for us to reach the base, the shuttle was soon swarmed by armed stormtroopers ready to escort us off the spacecraft and deeper into the base. I caught a glimpse of myself, I must've looked insane. My hair was tangled and disheveled, there was blood on my silk blue nightgown from my slashed cheek, and the bags under my eyes seemed to weigh down my whole aura. I followed Kylo as I clutched my crown to my chest, it was a strange area. Absolutely nothing like I was used to back home, I was surrounded by guards and their guns. I've never seen so much military in my life.

A familiar man in a black uniform and fiery red hair approached us, it was General Hux. I believed he looked startled? I don't know what it was about him that I never liked. "Your majesty. To what do we owe the pleasure?" He looked me up and down in distaste, Kylo immediately grabbed two stormtroopers. "Please escort Elora to the doctors on base." He told them and they immediately took me away, "This way miss." I guess I'd just have to make do with all of the robotic voices around here.

The doctors' office on base was a blinding shade of white, I couldn't recall if I've ever seen a color so bright. All I knew was that I hated it. "Hello. Are you Elora?" an older man with dark skin and white hair came into the room along with his Twi'Lek nurse who had green skin. "Yes, how do you do?" I asked politely while trying my best to smile. "I'm very good, my name is Dr. Morrow and this is my assistant Yuri." He motioned to the woman behind him, "That's a nasty cut." Dr. Morrow touched my face and I winced in pain. 

Yuri cleaned the long cut on my cheek while Dr. Morrow tended to the bruising on my neck. "You've gone through a tough battle it seems, you're strong." He said as he wrote on his note pad, I chuckled lightly "It couldn't have been done without Kylo Ren. He saved me." I smiled at his name. Dr. Morrow and Yuri both looked at each other and then continued with their work. "Well, we've cleaned and bandaged the cut but there still may be a faint scar. You also have bruising on the neck and esophagus so it may hurt for a while but you should be fine. Any questions?" He asked as Yuri cleaned up the small mess from bandages.

I shook my head no, "Thank you. You've been extremely kind to me." I said to both of them and they returned a sweet smile. Shortly after my examination, Kylo came to escort me to my room. The halls were wide and bland, the sounds of machinery beeping and guards stomping could be heard all around. It wasn't a very welcoming place but I was grateful to have a secure area to myself for the time being. We soon stopped at a pair of sliding doors, "This will be your room. It's right beside mine so don't hesitate to come if you have any questions. Unless I'm busy of course." I nodded yes in response and looked down gloomily.

His finger gently guided my head back up from my chin, "You'll always be a Queen to me, Elora." those words coming from him instantly brightened my mood. A smile spread across my face, "Goodbye, Kylo." I nodded towards him and walked into my room. I was taken back by the largeness of this very plain room. It wasn't anything like I was used to, in my room back home I was surrounded by color and regalness. Here was completely different, it was plain and sophisticated. There was a large living room with a black sofa and a metal table, the kitchen was complete with a pantry, table, two chairs, and a large refrigerator. I walked into my room and was surprised to see a large bed with silk red covers, black sheets, and pillows. There was also a vanity with makeup and a closet full of dark-colored clothing.

My last stop was the bathroom and the big shower stood out the most. I smiled and enjoyed a needed shower. The warmth of the water soothed my muscles and all of my worries. After my shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and walked to my closet. A silk black nightgown caught my eye and I immediately slipped it on. It had been a long two days with little to no rest, as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep instantly.

This was my new home.