Chapter 28

Elora's P.O.V

General Hux, Kylo, and I stood in front of the Supreme Leader discussing the whereabouts of some kind of map. It was the first time that I had ever heard of it but I wasn't listening anyway. I was beyond tired from the constant training that I've endured since last week. Kylo makes it a point for us to practice every morning and night before bed.

It was almost like he was training me to be some kind of bullet-proof killing machine from the amount of fighting I've done. I was starting to get very in-shape though, I couldn't complain about that. I'm sure Kylo had noticed as well, I've caught him staring numerous times. Ever since what happened a week ago with the almost-kiss, our relationship has been very awkward.

I took delight in knowing that there was a totally different side from the commander that everyone knew. Everyone knows him as this ruthless man who gets his way and if he doesn't then all hell breaks loose. I knew him as the gentle, kind-hearted Ben that he used to be when we were children. I noticed Kylo tense up beside me at the mention of Ben. I decided to stop thinking about him and to actually pay attention to what was going on. 

I looked up at Snoke and was automatically disgusted. He was truly a grotesque creature and honestly? I was completely afraid of him. I looked back down to my black boots on the metal floor. I couldn't even begin to fathom how much power the Supreme Leader held.

Kylo nudged me out of my thoughts, I looked up to see General Hux gone and Kylo beginning to leave me alone with the Supreme Leader. I looked up to Snoke, "My apologies, Supreme Leader. I was lost in my thoughts." I was very nervous and I'm sure he sensed it. "I'd pay more attention if I were you, Elora..." He said sitting back in his chair. "I'm hearing that you're excelling well in your training. Your commander must be very proud of you." A sly smile spread across his face.

"I'm sure he is. I'm working very hard to be of help to the First Order." I said straightening up and folding my arms behind me. "I see... You're beginning to be very loyal to the Order, yes?" he asked me, "Of course. I was saved and brought here, I belong here and it's my duty to be of importance." something about Snoke was off. I couldn't quite tell what it was though.

"So you know nothing about the resistance?" He cocked his head to the side and I felt like he was examining me. "I'm sorry? I'm not sure I get what you mean." I began getting even more nervous as the conversation went on. Did he think I was a spy or something? Surely I'd think he would've found that out by now if I was. There were a few seconds of deafening silence, "Yes... Of course, you don't. My apologies. You're... dismissed, Elora." and with that, I turned on my heels to leave.

"But don't forget... You have 3 weeks to truly show me that you belong here." He said as I walked down the walkway towards the door. As I left the room, I took a deep breath of fresh air and looked around to find that Kylo was nowhere in sight. I sighed at how cold he was being lately towards me, I ultimately shrugged it off and I made my way to my chambers to retire for the night 

Kylo's P.O.V

"Forgive me, I feel it again." I stared at the ashed matter of darkness that sat in front of me, I knew I loved Elora. Any fool who could see into my dark twisted mind knew I loved her, even Snoke. I can tell that he's so ready to be proved right. Elora has no evil in her, she never did and I'd bet on it that she never will. This is the reason our love could never amount to anything.

I cannot let love interfere with my destiny, no matter how hard it is. I fear if I let her get too close to me it will only bring out even more of the light that is oppressed inside of me. "The pull to the light.. Supreme leader senses it. Show me again the power of the darkness and I'll let nothing stand in my way." My grandfather's helmet was a treasure to me, it showed me what I could accomplish only if I follow the path that's laid out for me. I decided then that when it comes to Elora, she's nothing but an assistant to me and nothing more. 

I won't let her deter me from my path from this point forward, and with that, I stormed out of my room with a fury. 

Nothing will stop me, nothing.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is a very short chapter but things are heating up!!! I'm so excited for the next few chapters and I've decided that I will make a sequel to this book. Also, just a reminder that after TFA, I'm no longer going with the movies and I will be going off my own imagination. Even with some of the events going with TFA will be tweaked a little if I see fit! I hope you all enjoy it. 

Don't forget to vote and give me some comments! I love to interact with my readers!! - XOXO