Chapter 10

Soulmate.

It's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who helps you become a better person, because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you, and accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you'll always love them. Nothing can ever change that.

To me there's a huge difference between a best friend and a soulmate and it's important to recognize. However Lisa was both.

She was someone who I admired ever since I've met her. She was someone with whom I felt this unexplainable connection with since day one. It may sound weird to some people that I felt like I knew her my whole life when I only met her. But that was the truth. She was always special to me even before I just knew her name.

-

May 7th 2012

I officially became a trainee at YG Entertainment. I was so excited about this opportunity but also scared I would mess up. I thought I was nowhere near good enough to become an idol but I just tried to focus on the fact that out of 700 people who auditioned, I came out on top. That must mean something...right?

I was so grateful to my parents, because if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have gone to the audition in the first place. It has never been my 'life goal' or whatever to become an idol. I just liked music and I guess my parents thought that I had potential...or they just wanted to get rid of me since I sung at the top of my lungs on my piano to Beyoncé's 'Listen' every night. I chuckled a bit when I recalled back to those days.

The ringing sound of the elevator arriving shook me out of my thoughts and I looked up from the ground.

She stood there before me.

I had no idea who she was, but she mesmerized me upon first glance. She had bleached blond hair with bangs, a cute nose, a great body and a pair of deep brown eyes that were boring into mine.

I was kind of antisocial so I cleared my throat awkwardly and stepped inside. Reaching for the panel to push the button of the floor I was going to just to see that it was already pushed by the female standing next to me. 'I guess she's a trainee as well, I'm not surprised though, she's so pretty and I'm sure she's talented too' I thought.

The ding of the elevator signaled that we have arrived at the floor with the practice rooms. I shuffled with my guitar which was hanging across my back since it was becoming heavy to carry and stepped out of the elevator.

As soon as I was in the practice room I put my guitar down and rolled my shoulders. I've been carrying it for a while now and it started to hurt.

I sat down in the corner of the room that was filled with other trainees, who were talking and trying to befriend other people. 'I should probably do that as well' I quickly dismissed these thoughts as soon as I saw a girl approaching me 'Oh no'. I quickly looked for my headphones so I could pretend I was busy. I was just so shy and awkward that I didn't really want to talk to anyone. Well I wanted to but I was scared I would say something embarrassing as usual.

"Hey there," I heard a deep voice greet me and I cringed internally since she must have seen my little panic mode just seconds ago.

"Hi," I said and waved awkwardly 'Oh my God why did I wave'.

She sat next to me and looked at me, only then have I realized how beautiful this girl was 'Whoa girl crush', "My name is Kim Jisoo, just call me Jisoo" she said with a smile and offered her hand for a handshake.