Chapter 22

The sound of heels coming in contact with the marble floor filled the empty hallway of the seventh floor. We were marching in unison to the office that belonged to the woman who could change our future for worse or better. My ears were ringing and it seemed I couldn't get rid of the sound originating from the anxiety I was feeling.

The feeling was suffocating me and I felt as if I couldn't breathe any longer. I tried to take in my surroundings but they made no sense, everything was blurred, the voices addressing me felt as if they were talking to me from a distance that was much further away than just a few feet.

I could tell someone was touching my arm but I couldn't feel their touch, everything was just so dull. I looked over my shoulder, feeling as if I was in slow motion, my breathing went heavy, my heartbeat went through the roof when I saw their faces. Well, more like tried to see their faces.

Everything was such a blur and as much as I tried to get my eyes to focus I could only see the outline of their faces. I rubbed at my eyes, trying to make myself see and it seemed to work as my vision was clearing slowly. But as I started to actually see, their faces started changing becoming somewhat disoriented, demon looking even. They grabbed ahold of my hand, pulling me away from the door I was about to enter just moments ago. 

I tried to fight but I just couldn't find the strength in me as my arms, and my whole body just didn't seem to cooperate with me. I looked at my own arms that had the hand of the creatures holding it and noticed the sharp claws that marked their fingers as they dug into my skin when I tried to break free from their hold again.

I screamed in pain as blood started seeping trough the newfound wounds that embellished my forearm. But that was the thing, no matter how loud my screams had become, no one could hear me, no one could save me at that point. I was far gone, in the hands of the ones that would probably be death of me. There was no turning back as they dragged me down the hall, into the elevator.

One of the creatures that had it's hand placed on my hand, moved it towards my neck, grasping it tighly making me gasp in an attempt to fill my lungs with air. Unfortunately, their hold on my neck was too tight, choking me but not enough to kill me, at least not yet. It pushed me to the corner of the elevator, pinning me to it and lifting me to the air without breaking a sweat. I tried to kick it but my muscles still didnt seem to cooperate so they were left limply hanging down. One of them pressed their finger to the button which would take us to the highest floor of the building and the elevator came to life as we started moving upwards. I could hear them talking about something but the ringing in my ears was still present thanks to which I couldn't understand a thing. But whatever it was, I knew it wasn't good when they turned to me with wide smiles, showing off their fangs.

The hold on my neck was finally released, making me fall to the ground of the elevator and scatter into the corner in fright. I could feel myself shaking and brought a hand to my neck feeling it and wincing in pain upon the contact. Before I could even think about the situation I found myself in, the elevator shook violently, making me hit my head against the wall of it, harming myself even further. I clenched the grip that was attached to the wall of the elevator in my hand tightly, trying to steady myself in the metal box that seemed to be shaking harder each second.

I turned my attention to the flashing lights coming from the panel with the buttons. It seemed as if it had gone crazy. I was both scared to death and confused so I looked at the small display that usually had the number of the floor the elevator was currently at on it. My eyes went wider when the numbers were scaling up at a rapid pace, causing me not to be able to see what floor we were at clearly. I was only able to tell that it was a three-digit number, which was beyond bizarre. 

The elevator came to a sudden stop, making my body jerk upwards and fall back on the floor. My grip on the handle didn't seem to be tight enough since it slipped from my hold causing my whole body to spread on the floor like a patsy. Before I got a chance to recover, I was lifted up from the floor by one of the demon creaturs, by the neck of course. Tears filled my eyes as I struggled for air once again. I tried to speak but the only sound that left my throat was a strangled groan. I had so many questions about what was happening, what they wanted but I soon got my answer as the elevator door opened following by the classic ding sound.