Chapter 7

Chapter 7- "How to play dirty"

I have to do this.

Okay so maybe Y/N was stupider than she led on. Why on earth did she think it would be a good idea to train with the hot headed spiky blonde and his redheaded companion? Actually, come to think of it, she never thought it was a good idea in the first place! So why was she here? Why was she standing a 10 feet away from Bakugou, caught in a sparring match, where she would likely lose and get extremely injured?

Simple...

Y/N is a fucking idiot.

For a second, she forgot that she wasn't from this world. She had forgotten that she—of course—had no idea how to just go and fight, all the while using her quirk. First off, quirks never existed for her until a little over a month ago, and back in her world, at most, she was only good at running fast. But running away was not going to work in this situation, Bakugou would just catch her.

If Y/N needed a reminder that she didn't belong here, Bakugou was sure to give it to her. Because right now, all the girl wanted to do was go crawl in a hole and die.

She had to figure out how to win this. There was no tapping into some convenient untapped potential waiting to come out. No, this was serious.

"Wait... Can't I just knock him out?"

At this very moment, Y/N almost flung herself out of the window. How could she forget that she can just knock the doofus out with her quirk? Because she's a doofus too.

Y/N rolled her eyes as she got out of her defensive stance. She inched closer to Kirishima.

Bakugou narrowed his eyes at the suspicious action.

"Oi what the hell are you doing?! We're in the middle of a match!" He screamed out.

She ignored him before turning to whisper to the redhead standing next to her, who was also slightly confused and a little concerned.

"Kiri, hold your breath." She said lowly, still staring at the hot headed blonde who looked like he was going to come and drag her away to resume their match.

Kirishima raised an eyebrow, silently asking her why and if she was crazy.

She shook her head before whisper shouting at him to just do it.

Seeing that he listened, Y/N smiled. She then turned around and began running full speed at Bakugou, who seemed to be shocked by her random actions before sending a blast her way.

Y/N dodged it, activating her quirk to a 20 feet proximity. Because she was already sweating, her quirk was ready to be released at any moment. Them being in a confined space—such as the gym—worked in her favor.

3 Minutes. She'd have to last long enough for her quirk to knock him out.

'Can Kirishima even hold his breath for that long?' She wondered, looking back in concern at the redhead.

Suddenly she felt a shooting pain in her left side before she was pushed back several feet and knocked on the floor.

Y/N felt like the wind was knocked out of her as she struggled to breathe. Before she could even catch her breath, another blast was sent her way.

Panic.

Absolute terror began to bubble up in the girl when she realized that she couldn't catch her breath, sending her into a state of pure anxiety.

This was not something she was used to. Y/N has never been in this type of situation before in her life. No quirks. No hand to hand combat. She's never even experienced more pain than stubbing her toe on something.