Chapter 22

Chapter 22- 'Bakugou Katsuki'

"So two suspects have been captured." All might spoke up, a tinge of happiness in his voice at the immense progress that they've made in the investigation.

"Well no, it was more like they turned themselves in. It was rather odd, leaving us to be even more cautious at their sudden cooperativeness." Principal Nezu revealed, placing his teacup down gently on its designated plate.

"They turned themselves in? I don't understand?" Present Mic responded, scratching his head slightly as he turned to look at Eraserhead for further explanation.

Currently, all of the main staff at UA were in a meeting to talk about new developments involving the case. It had come to light that the police had caught two assailants: Ryoto and Tōzen. Both of them seemed a little too willing to spill the beans on what happened, making the hero's slightly suspicious about their intentions and plans.

"Apparently they're turning against whatever their leader wants, since they didn't want to hurt children anymore. One of them even admitted to going to the hospital after the incident and erasing Y/N's memories." Eraserhead clarified, eyes bored but serious.

Present Mic gasped, attention immediately turning to Principal Nezu.

"Are we going to tell her that?" He asked, completely unsure what they were going to do with that specific piece of information.

"No. We think it's best to just inform her that they've been caught and that we're a step closer to closing in on these people. It'd be wise to keep those memories from her, as that days incident could potentially destroy the girl. She is still a child, it's better this way." All might interrupted, leaving no room to discuss that topic anymore.

"It's not like she can get the memories back. The guy said that was the downside to his quirk—he can't undo what he's done." Eraserhead informed Present Mic, as he leaned forward to rest his chin in the palm of his hand.

In all honestly, he figured the two men were telling the truth about turning against their leader. They had to have decided this the day the incident happened, meaning that they went to visit the girl with the intention of helping her. Aizawa was thankful that they did that because he had no idea what would happen to Y/N if she could remember.

The kid is already going through a lot of drama with her classmates, she doesn't need that kind of pain.

It didn't take long for the meeting to finish and for Aizawa to inform Y/N about the capture. She—of course—was extremely happy to hear the news, and ran off to tell the class after bulldozing the older man in a tight hug.

There were only two people Y/N wanted to tell the minute she found out the good news, but she wasn't sure if they'd care or even want to see her for that matter.

In a place where I have so many friends, not having them two makes me feel so alone.

Alone.

Suddenly there was a flash of red in her vision. It was quick enough to make her think it wasn't even there. The confused girl rubbed her eyes harshly, blinking a few times to try and clear her vision.

What the hell was that?

She stared down at the floor for a few seconds, eyebrows furrowed in confusion before she shrugged her shoulders and walked off to the main common room.

After telling most of the students the news, Y/N excused herself to go upstairs. Her feet carried her to a place of comfort, and before her mind could even register it, she was standing in front of Bakugou's room door. She didn't even hesitate before knocking softly.