Chapter 23

Your POV

We were now very near towards the top, Karasuma was now able to move. He says that it's only half of his strength that came back, to us it's twice our strength.

We walked up the stairs and we saw a chair with it's back facing us, we saw a lot of monitors on the table and a huge shadow, showing the person's shape.

Karasuma told us to sneakily walk towards him for an ambush, we listened and did Namba, it's a kind of walk ninjas use, some sort of stealth.

Karasuma was right behind the chair, and there was some sort of case beside the chair. It had a bomb on it, my guess is probably that's where the antidotes are placed.

We were all ready to attack, until we were interrupted by the person who was sitting on the chair.

"Itchy.." He says. 

'I've heard that voice before, sounds different but the same? I don't really know..' I thought cautiously.

Everyone literally froze when we heard him speak.

"That very memory makes me itch.." He says, but we hear another sound, he's scratching something. It doesn't sound too pleasant.

"But maybe that's why my senses have grown much keener: because my wounds are always exposed to air." He says.

Suddenly the person on the chair threw a lot of the detonator remotes for the bomb, but are they fake or real?

"I told you--I'd come prepared when killing a Mach 20 monster." He says.

'If he knew about the Octopus, he's apart of the Military of Defense, or an assassin..' I thought.

"I have spare detonator remotes, just in case one is snatched away at high speed." He says as he shows us three remotes on his hands.

"Enough to press any one of them if I happen to collapse." He said.

'I know that voice! We've heard it before, but this time.. It was more sinister.' I thought with a scowl.

"Of the people I couldn't reach, there were three assassins and one other." Karasuma says, still pointing at the chair with the gun.

"An insider who vanished with the Military of Defense secret-service funds and the assassination budget." Karasuma informs.

The figure slowly got out of his seat, once he showed himself everyone was shock and some gasped. I just had a scowl on my face.

I felt someone pull me closer to them, I turned and saw my brother getting protective once he saw him. I could see the glare on his face.

"What do you think you're doing, Takaoka?!" Karasuma exclaims the gun aiming at the bastard.

"What naughty children. Coming in the back door to see your dear teacher?" The bastard says.

'Don't play stupid you piece of shit, if we didn't come our friends would've died because of you.' I thought, my scowl gone, but a glare now on my face.

"That's not how your old dad raised you." He says.

"Ah well, I'll have to give you some summertime tutoring." He said.

Everyone froze, shocked to see the bastard. I could my heart beating fast, my adrenaline rushing through me.

"Shall we head to the roof? I've got everything ready to welcome my beloved students." He says as he brings the case with him and starts walking.

-time skip-

We were on the roof, the bastard has gone insane. I was pissed, I clenched my fists, I felt my nails digging through my skin. But Karma held my hand to calm me a bit, it did but I was still mad.