Chapter Eight: So Broken

We just got to his house which shockingly wasn't too far from mine and the boy still struggled to move on his own.

"Hey, I want to keep an eye out on you. I know Kankuro well, he can put people in bad situations." I say.

"You don't have to, I think I'll be fine." The Walked boy said.

"Well... sucks to suck. I'm keeping an eye on you, rather you want me to or not." I say.

"You're a stubborn one, aren't yeah?" He said chuckling.

We were at the stairs to his door and I took the arm of the Walker boy off my shoulders and went up the stairs.

"I guess I can be." I said crossing my arms.

He struggled getting up the stairs with one leg.

"Come on~ You're so slow." I say.

He finally reached the top and unlocked his door. I put his arm back around my neck and helped him to the couch. I looked around and his house is small.

I mean... if he lives alone, it's gonna be small. My house is only big because I used to have parents...

His house consist of, a kitchen that's connected to a living room with a couch, and a hallway with three rooms down it.

"I like your place." I say walking to his kitchen.

"Thanks." He says laying down.

I opened his refrigerator and started taking vegetables and stuff out.

"Hey hey!? What are you doing?!" He asked.

"Making food? What else would I be doing?" I say.

"I don't need you to baby me.." He says calming down.

"Too bad. The sprain is really bad. It might not even heal in time for the Chunin exams." I say cutting vegetables.

"No way! It will be better! I'm not missing the opportunity on the Chunin exams." He says getting worked up again.

I really had nothing to say, so I continued making miso soup.

~~~

"Dinner's ready!" I yell.

No response.

I walked around to the living room and I see him dead asleep. He looks so... peaceful sleeping...

I decided to go down the hallway and look for his room for a blanket. As I walked into each door, I find the bathroom and then his bedroom. I open the door and I see he has a desk, a shelf full of books and a few scrolls. On the wall was a symbol of his clan. And on his dresser were pictures... a picture of him and his family when they were little and a picture of him and his Sensei.

I grabbed a blanket that was folded at the end of his bed and returned to the living room.

He was still peacefully sleeping. I opened up the blanket and laid it on him.

I sat down at the table by myself and ate the soup by myself, saving some for him later.

~~~

I didn't know where I could sleep. It's been a few hours so I decided to wake him up.

Why am I being so nice... Is it because I know we have stuff in common? What is going on... Why am I acting this way?

"Hey Walker wake up. Dinner's been ready." I say shaking him.

He groans.

"Get up you dummy head." I say shaking him harder.

"Five more minutes..." He mumbled rolling on his side.

But then he yelled.

"Bloody murder!" He yelled.

He sprung up holding his leg.

"And this is why I'm watching you. You have to be careful with that sprain. If you turn it or touch it in the wrong way you can make it worse." I say.

"Fine... You can stay." He says sitting up.

"Here I'll bring the soup to you." I say walking to the kitchen.

I reheated the soup on the stove for a few seconds and then poured it into a bowl to give him.

"Thanks." He says taking the bowl.

I sat on the chair to the left of him leaning back.

"Wow! This is amazing!" He says eating it faster.

"Thank you." I say nearly falling asleep.

"Hey, you can sleep in my bed." He says.

"WHAT?!" I yell waking myself up.

"Yeah? I'll just sleep on the couch since I probably shouldn't move to much on my own." He says after drinking the broth of the soup.

"O-oh.. Are you sure?" I say.

"Yeah. I tend to fall asleep on the couch a lot anyways." He says.

"Okay..." I say taking the bowl from him. "Do you need anything else before I go to bed? I'm pooped and I want sleep."

"Nah I'm good. But I have a question." He says laying back down.

"Hit me." I say.

"Why are you being so nice to me? When we had that bell test thing, you were honestly really cold to me. Acting all tough. But now you're being all nice by helping me with this sprain." He says.

"..." I didn't answer. "Can I not just help someone? You don't understand what I've been through... I don't like seeing others get hurt. I always want to be there for people who need it."

"Goodnight... Lexie." He says.

"Night." I say trying to hold the tears back.

I walked into his room and kept the door slightly opened incase he needed anything. I took my jacket off and laid it on the back of the chair at his desk and got into bed.

I feel so... safe here.

I eventually fell asleep as a tear fell down my face and landed on his soon to be soaked pillow.

Nick's POV (it makes my life easier)

I couldn't really sleep. I sorta took a two hour nap before she woke me up so I wasn't really tired. Since she was sleep I took my shirt off and laid it on the floor so I was more comfortable.

~~~

I looked at the clock and it was midnight.

Whoops... maybe I should get to bed.

But then I heard crying. I heard it through the wall and the only other person was Lexie here.

I quietly got up and tried standing up. I first balanced myself and then walked down the hallway. It hurt like hell putting weight on my leg, but I wanted to know why she was crying.

"I didn't mean too! I never attended to do that! I'm sorry!" I heard yelling.

I swung the door open to my room and Lexie was still sleeping, she was dreaming.

I walked over to her and I continuously heard more and more yelling. I kept hearing her apologize. My pillow was wet. Full of tears.

Could such a strong, talented, Shinobi be this sad..? So broken..?

I touched her arm and she stopped yelling and crying. She calmed down and continued to sleep peacefully.

She looked cute honestly..

I went to the end of the bed and I climbed in bed with her. Me against the wall, I pulled her to my bare chest. She was breathing studiedly again. No more yelling or crying.

What am I doing..? Maybe I do...
I love Sora Lexie...