Chapter Twenty-Five: Losing Hope to Find Hope (Finale pt 1)

I look at the clock and it's 9:30pm. I have one and a half hours til I have to meet Sasuke. I start writing notes to Kakashi and Nick about what's going on and why I'm leaving. Then I make a half a dozen rice balls for Sasuke and I because I don't know how long we'll be traveling. I took the summoning scroll and I seal it into another scroll putting the smaller scroll in my bag. By the time I'm done with all that I look at the clock and a hour he gone by. I decided it's time for me to go. I have everything packed, including my anbu uniform and mask in my backpack.

I look around my house one last time. Everything is clean. Hopefully Kakashi will keep my house clean and check it out every once in a while.

I then walk out of my house, locking the door, and the  sticking both letters on the door with my house key in Kakashi's letter and then I start jumping away.

I take my time to view the beautiful night sky until I passed the famous Ichiraku Ramen Shop and heard familiar voices... Sakura.. Naruto.. and Nick.

I quickly then flickered towards the academy to see Sasuke 15 minutes early and he's... hurt?

"Sasuke! What happened?!" I asked.

"Some of Orochimaru's henchmen came after me telling them to join them. I already told them that I'm leaving and you're coming with. They were happy to hear and they will be waiting for us outside the main gates a on a hill." Sasuke explained.

"Great... people. I personally don't like Orochimaru or his pawns. So if they get in my way, their dead." I say seriously.

"Definitely." Sasuke said.

We walk towards the gates in silence.

"Hey, there's two people near." I say.

"I know." Sasuke said.

We both look ahead and we both make eye contact with two familiar pink hair and black hair people.

"Why are you two together and out so late?" Sasuke asked them.

"And we could be saying the same to you." Sakura said.

"This way is the only way out of the village... and that's where you two seem to be going." Nick said.

"You both should be sleeping." Sasuke said.

"Why Sasuke... why don't you ever tell me anything. Why are you always so silent with me— You never share a single thing with me.." Sakura started to say.

"Why should I have to tell you anything? Just keep your nose out of my business. It has nothing to do with you. Lexie is the only person who needs to know." Sasuke said.

"And why are you leaving with him..? You're my girlfriend after all... right..?" Nick's voice said starting to crack.

"No, I'm not. I've been meaning to break up with you for a while now. I can't handle the stress of being in a relationship with you. Especially knowing what our clans have been through. I've lost myself and I need to find myself on my own." I say.

"But you're going with that thing?! Sasuke?! You're leaving me for him?!" Nick said crying.

"Yes. I'm leaving you. But not for Sasuke. For my own sake." I say.

"Remember that day Sasuke? Here at this very spot?" Sakura asked Sasuke.

"No, I don't remember that." Sasuke said.

"Of course you don't. It was so long ago. But still... that was the day when Team 7 was formed... and even Lexie joined us at the beginning. But you both are leaving together... why?! Revenge is never the answer... I know about your clan.." Sakura said.

"You don't understand me. No one does, the only person who truly understands me is Lexie. I've decided on revenge and that's always been my reason for living" Sasuke said.

"You don't have to do this Sasuke! I do know the pain. I might have parents and friends, but if you leave, then it'd be the same thing for me... like being alone." Sakura said.

"This is a new beginning for all of us." Sasuke said.

"Sasuke! I'm so in love with you and I can't stand it... You're always hanging out with Lexie. The only attention you give is to Lexie. If you were with me, you wouldn't regret it, I'd give you happiness. I can make you happy. I can even help you get your revenge! I'll do whatever it takes to make it happen. Please stay... and if you don't... take me with you instead of her..." Sakura said sobbing.

"You know what? You're still annoying." Sasuke said.

"Don't leave me and if you do.. I'll call out for help!" Sakura yelled.

But then shockingly Nick stopped her hitting her pressure spot causing her to faint.

"I can't believe you're leaving me... but not only me... but the village as well." Nick said.

"I'm sorry. I need to find my purpose in life and more about myself." I say walking away and Sasuke following.

But then I flicker behind Nick.

"Thank you for everything. Thank you for trying to make me happy. You did make me happy for the time we were together. I'll see you later... I'll always love you..." I say making him pass out.

"L-Lexie... I..." Nick said before he passed out.

"What'd you do to him?" Sasuke said noticing I flicked back to him.

"I put him under a genjutsu. He won't wake up till someone releases him from the genjutsu." I say.

~~~

"What took you guys so long." A voice said.

"Sorry we got caught up with some things..." Sasuke said to a guy with two heads.

"Now who's this pretty lady?" A guy asks with six arms.

"Lexie." Sasuke said.

"Don't you guys dare try getting in my way. I'm only here for certain reasons. So if you get in my way, you're dead." I say.

"You can't boss us around!" A girl says.

"Too bad. If you do anything to me, you know how pissed Orochimaru would be." I say with a smirk.

"Fine! Let's go." The girl says.

Sasuke and I follow the four guys.

But before we leave, I turn around and look at Konohagakure one last time.

I'm sorry everyone. I'll be back soon...