Chapter Eighteen: Impostor

Back to Lexie's POV

I've been watching Sasuke for the last 45 minutes and he's just lying there unconsciously.

He looks so peaceful while he's sleeping... Almost like all his worry, his loneliness, his anger are gone. He's just a boy.. who has so much potential..

But then I heard a few thumps coming from the outside of the door.

I stand up with my breathing mask on with a kunai at hand.

"No Captain Lexie. Please rest. We will handle the intruder." An anbu said.

I sat back down taking my breathing mask off and replacing it with my anbu mask.

Both of them have a kunai at hand in ready position. The door swings open to see another person with an anbu mask and a coat.

Both of the original anbu, let their guard down seeing as it was just another anbu.

"DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN! THAT'S AN INTRUDER! HE'S NOT AN ANBU!" I yell standing up.

Before they could get their guard back up the fake anbu killed the two real ones and they fell to the ground.

"Who are you!! Reveal yourself!" I demand with a kunai at hand.

The person didn't talk and threw a kunai at my face.

I bend my back far enough so I wouldn't get hit and the kunai hit the wall.

"Again. Who are you and what do you want with Sasuke?!" I seriously ask.

They didn't answer but instead go out trying to hit my vital spot. I block them and kick them back to the door and then someone caught them.

"Kakashi, that took you long enough." I say.

"Sorry, but someone's clone was slacking." Kakashi says looking at the clone.

"WHAT!? I'M SORRY THE REAL ME IS SUFFERING!" My clone says.

"Shut up me." I say and my clone poofs away.

"Anyways.. what seems to be the problem?" Kakashi asked.

"This anbu isn't really an anbu. They are an impostor." I say standing in front of Sasuke.

"Is that so..? So who are you impostor?" Kakashi asked.

The guy finally gave in and took his mask off.

"I knew you were never a good guy.. Yakushi Kabuto.." I say.

"So, what do you want with Sasuke or even Lexie? Finding you like this I gotta hall you in for questioning." Kakashi said.

"Hmph. What if I don't wan to answer the questions? Also... just for next time you should set up at least ten anbu." Kabuto said.

"I'll teach you what it means to mess with the Hidden Leaf." Kakashi said.

Kakashi and I made eye contact. Kabuto ran for Kakashi with his weird kunai but Kakashi easily blocked him and grabbed his arm and sat on him with his arm behind his back.

Then a dead anbu got up and started to run towards the door, but I flickered in front of the door so the anbu couldn't escape.

So then Kakashi and I started to corner the anbu. As Kakashi was about to punch the anbu, another dead one crashed into the window and jumped out. Causing the anbu we cornered fall back dead. I looked out the window to see Kabuto starring at me with a smirk while taking the anbu mask off.

"Damn it! We let him get away..." I say turning around to see Kakashi.

"It wasn't your fault Lexie. He wasn't an ordinary Genin. He's the adoptive son of the Chief of the Medical Core.. if it turns out that he is working for someone like Orochimaru, then we both have to work harder.. I can't believe he used the Dead Soul Jutsu..." Kakashi said.

"I'm sorry... I failed..." I say bowing.

"Don't be. You didn't fail. There was no way of using knowing that any of this would happen." He said.

"Yeah.. I guess.." I say.

"I'm going to go report this to Lord Third. Keep an eye on Sasuke for a little bit more." Kakashi said.

I nodded.

~~~

"An a-anbu..?" Sasuke said weakly.

"Sasuke! Don't talk! Save your energy." I say taking my mask off.

He tried sitting up, shaking, he hung his feet off the bed.

"I... I feel so weak." Sasuke said.

"We all know you're far from weak." I say.

"I need to start training for the third part of the exam right away." He said.

"Nope. You still have to heal." Kakashi said poofing in.

"KAKASHI-SENSEI?!" Sasuke yelled.

"You still have to heal. We have a month to get ready and Lexie and I are going to help you. You only need a few more days to heal for training. But it'll take you a two more weeks to fully heal." Kakashi said.

"Fine, when can we start training then?!" Sasuke asked.

"Friday. Now continue to rest. Lexie and I will see you in then." Kakashi said leaving with me following him.

"Hey let's go do a small training session." I say to Kakashi with my hands behind my head.

"Like...?" Kakashi said.

"Rock climbing. With one hand. Remember that?" I ask.

"You're on! This is gonna be easy." He said.

~~~

"Come on Kakashi! You said this was gonna be easy." I say mocking his own words.

"I'm old! Give me a break." He said slowing down.

"Don't give up old man!" I say giggling.

I quickly reach the top while Kakashi is like ten kilometers away.

"You're so slow... Where's the Captain I used to know." I say.

"Fine..." Kakashi said.

I feel him apply some chakra to his strength and he flips up to my feet where I'm standing.

"That was cheating~ you used chakra." I say with a smirk.

"Oh shush. We're doing this again tomorrow!" Kakashi said finally reaching the top.

(a/n: sorry this chapter is short! i didn't want to mix it with the next chapter... this is the shortest chapter i've ever wrote ;-; )