Chapter Twenty-Six: Goodbye For Now (finale pt 2)

Nick's POV

I woke up to someone next to me.

"Nick! You're finally awake!" Sakura said.

"What happened..." I asked.

"She put you under a genjutsu." She said.

Oh yeah... Lexie left the village with that jerk... Uchiha Sasuke...

"We have to go report this to Lady Hokage." Sakura said.

"Definitely." I say running to the Hokage's mansion.

~~~

"What?! Sasuke and Lexie both left the village?!" Lady Tsunade said.

"Yeah.. and that's all we know.." I say.

"Thank you for informing me. Sakura, you are dismissed. Nick, I still would like to talk to you." She said.

Sakura nodded and left and then Shikamaru came in.

"I'm glad you're finally here Shikamaru." Tsunade said.

"This is such a drag... so why am I here so early in the morning?" Shikamaru asked.

"Because.. Sasuke and Lexie left the village..." I say trying not to break.

"WHAT?! THEY BOTH LEFT?!" Shikamaru yelled.

"Yes... from what we know, they left in the middle of the night roughly six hours ago. I want you Shikamaru to go find them both." Tsunade said.

"Okay, then I need at least four other Chunin or Jounin." Shikamaru asked.

"We can't do that. They all have already been sent out on missions. So you'll have to find four other Genin that you think will be good for the job and I highly recommend you bring Naruto and Nick with you." Tsunade said.

"Actually, I'm going to pass on this mission. I have other things to do..." I say walking out.

"But Nick!" Tsunade said but I ignored her and I closed the door and ran home.

Before I went home, I stopped at Lexie's house and saw two letters one labeled with Kakashi's name and another with mine. I took mine and opened it.

Dear Nick,
I'm sorry for what I'm about to do to you, but it was the only way for me to do so without you following me. I'm leaving the Hidden Leaf because I need to find my purpose for this world.. maybe my purpose is to kill, maybe to live, I don't know. It seemed like nobody here knew anything about me or my clan. So I'm going out to find myself. This is for my sake. It was nothing to do with you. You never did anything wrong. You made me happy for the time we were together. Again, I'm sorry. I'll be back soon though. Tell everyone bye for me.
-Lexie

I crumbled the note and shoved it in my pocket. I took Kakashi's note and went to his appointment to give it to him, but he wasn't there so I slid it under his door and then I went home, sat on my bed and cried.

~Two Days Later~

I packed my bag last night. I'm leaving as well. I'm leaving to find myself and more about my clan.

I walked out my door locking it behind me.

I went to the Hokage Mansion to tell Lady Tsunade about my departure. I knock on her door and wait for an answer.

"Come in." She said.

I opened the door, walked in, and closed the door behind me.

"I'm here to say, I'm leaving the village." I say.

"You're going off to find Lexie I assume?" She asks.

"I'd be lying if I said no. But that's not my entire reason. I also want to find out more about my clan more about myself too and Lexie left me a note." I say showing her the crumbled paper.

"Interesting.." She says reading the paper and then giving it back to me.

Then someone barges through the door.

"Sakura told me everything! Did they both really leave?!" A voice asks.

"Yes Kakashi and I sent out Shikamaru and a team of Genin." Tsunade said to him.

"Genin?! You think that they will be able to fight off Sasuke?!" He said.

"It's all we had... what else do you really expect?" Tsunade said.

"I guess you're right... but I'm off now." Kakashi said leaving.

"Wait you have a mission!" Tsunade yelled out.

"I have to do a few things first. I'll be back before you know it." Kakashi said with a smile closing the door.

"Sorry Nick.. but is this really what you want? You want to leave." Tsunade asked me.

"Yes. But I'm not leaving leaving the Hidden Leaf like the other two did. I'm still a Hidden Leaf Ninja, I'm just taking a little vacation yeah know?" I say.

"Yeah, I understand. Now I'll be taking my leave. I'll see you later." I say putting my house key on her desk leaving.

"Bye.. Nick." She said.

I left and Hinata came up to me.

"Nick... I'm so sorry. I heard what happened." She said.

"It's fine I guess. Life goes on I guess." I say.

"Yeah.. but I feel like this is my fault... Lexie and I were talking and she was telling me how she feels and I told her 'Do what's best for you. Do what will make you happy'... I feel like she took it the wrong way.." Hinata says.

"I promise it wasn't your fault." I say with a fake smile.

"O-okay... so what are you going to do now? How come you aren't with Neji and the others?" She asks.

"I didn't want to go, plus I'm leaving the village on a small... I guess you could call it vacation." I say.

"O-oh... I'm sorry. I hope you feel better." She said walking away sadly.

I then walk to the main gates and I see Sakura waiting there.

"Hey Nick, where are you going?" She asks.

"I'm leaving. I guess on a small vacation. Bye." I say not making eye contact.

I walk out.

~~~

Eventually I get up on a tall mountain and I could see the entire Hidden Leaf Village from here.

It's a beautiful sight...

Tears fall from my face making my vision blurry.

So long Konohagaure... I'll see you again some day...

My first stop is my home town. The Walker Ruins... where once my home was... then the next move from there would be to find her...

Lexie... I will find you and I will bring you back home... I will find you.