Chapter Ten: A Genjutsu

When I opened the door, I see a Walker boy sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hey... Lexie." He says nearly about to break.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" I say sitting across from him.

"I-I'm sorry..." He says tears fall down his face.

"What?! You don't have to be sorry." I say, trying to act like nothing happened.

"I'm sorry for being in bed with you... It's just..." He said in between sniffles. "You were crying last night... You were yelling things that scared me... things... that I say in my sleep... things about your clan... I didn't know what to do. Until I was gonna wake you up, but right as I touched your arm you stopped."

"Nick... it's okay." I say siting next to him.

"I know you're the only survivor of the Walker Clan. You're not alone. Sasuke and I are the soul survivors of the Uchiha and Sora Clans. So again, you're not alone." I say.

He whips the few tears away and looks up at me with a fake smile.

"I'm still trying to figure out who killed my clan and why. I'm stuck at that part in my life." I say.

"And I want to help you." He says not making eye contact with me.

"W-what..?" I say.

"I want to help you find the person who killed your clan. I want to help you revenge your clan, like how I want to avenge mine." He says.

"T-thanks Nick... but I want to do that on my own." I say.

"O-oh okay..." He says.

"Thank you though. I really appreciate it. Maybe someday I'll find that person and kill them. Then I can finally be happy again." I say with a smile.

"Yeah I get it and maybe so will I." He says chuckling.

"Yeah. *giggles* But hey, the Chunin Exams are tomorrow. So we better get some sleep." I say getting up. "But first I need to rap a new bandage around your leg."

He nodded and he actually got up himself without my help.

"See look! You're leg is already feeling better." I say.

"I guess so." He says.

I start to take the bandage off his leg and reply another one.

"But just because you can stand and walk on it, doesn't mean it's completely healed. So please be careful tomorrow." I say finishing up.

"I will." He says with a small smile.

I get up from the floor and head to his room while he sits on the couch.

"uh... is it okay if you... stay with me tonight again?" I asked.

"Y-you want me to.." He asked.

"Y-yeah.. I don't want to cry again and keep you up again." I say lying.

"Sure.. if you want." He says getting up heading towards his room.

I took my coat off and he took his shirt off. I blushed seeing a shirtless Nick again... I let him get in first then I did. We laid there in the dark in complete silence. Until I rolled over on my back slowly drifting to slept. The last thing I remember is an arm rapping around me.

~~~

I woke up. Sun in my face and a dry pillow. But no arm. I turned around to see that I was alone.

The door was slightly open and I could smell something cooking.

I put my jacket on and headed towards the kitchen.