Chapter Twenty: Summoning Jutsu

I woke up early the next day. Twelve more days until the Chunin Exams... Kakashi told me I had the day off today. So I thought about doing some personal training myself.

I took a quick shower and got changed putting on black shorts and a stocking shirt with the blue navy blue coat on (outfit in chapter thirteen). I put my knee high block socks on, then rapped a bandage around my thigh then putting my weapons pouch on top. I slide down my stair railings.

I decided maybe I'll go out to eat for breakfast.

So I put on my sandals and lock the door behind me.

As I'm walking down town I thought how I never actually seen the town this early in the morning. Few shops are open. Most of them are just getting unlocked. I see many people sweeping their porches and watering flowers.

I noticed an old lady was having trouble carrying groceries, I don't know why so early in the morning, but besides the point, I walked over to her and asked if she needed help. She said yes and I helped her. We had small talk along the way to her home. When we finally got there I sent the bags on her porch and waved goodbye. She thanked me for helping her and carries her groceries inside her house.

"Where to eat.." I say aloud to no one.

"Hey Lexie." A voice says.

I turn around to see Shikamaru.

"Hey Shikamaru, why are you up so early?" I ask.

"Because Asuma-Sensei is treating us for breakfast before we train. Want to join?" He asked.

"Sure! I was actually trying to think of a place myself." I say with a smile.

We walk there together having small talk, until we got inside the small restaurant.

"Hi Choji." I say.

"Oh hi Lexie." He says with a bag of chips.

"Even eating chips in the morning, I see." I say with a sweat drop(😅).

"Yup! They are bacon flavored, wanna try?" He offered.

"Oh, um, no thanks." I say.

The bell rang that someone came in and we all turned around.

"Asuma-Sensei!" Choji said.

"Morning Choji, Shikamaru, and even Lexie. Are you joining us this morning?" Asuma asked.

"Yup. Shikamaru invited me." I say.

"Cool. I'll pay for you as well." He said as we were getting seated.

"Oh no! I can pay for myself." I say waving my hands.

"No no, you joined us, so I'm paying. No buts." He said.

"Fine..." I say pouting.

"Haha. So why are you up so early? Most ninja aren't up this early." Asuma asked me.

"Kakashi gave me the day off since I've been helping his train Sasuke. So I'm going to do some training myself." I explain.

"Ooh okay." Asuma said lighting a cigarette.

Shikamaru opened the window to let the fresh air in.

"Good morning. Do you guys know what you would like to order?" A young lady asks.

"Yeah we do. Ladies first." Asuma said telling me to go first.

"Uh, I'll have some hot chocolate, fresh toast, and eggs, scrambled please." I say.

"I'll have coffee and a bagel, no cream cheese please." Shikamaru said.

"I'll have apple juice, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, french toast, grits, and hash browns." Choji said.