Chapter 14

I had forgotten how, nice it could be to talk to someone. I hadn't had a proper conversation in ..... actually I dont think I ever had one. Those bastards never treated me like a person. No one in that place did, they treated me like an object. Maybe that's why I have so much trouble trusting people .... partly anyway. I was never treated like an equal so in my mind everyone else will treat me the same. Maybe that's why I havent tried to talk to any other pack memeber other than the alphas and Warrick. Talking to Nana made me realize that I was subconsciously putting myself in a bubble away from people.
"What, what do you do here Nana ?" He blinked a bit owlishly and blushed.
"Oh, since I'm still underaged, I dont have a job. But I usually help the nursery ..... I really like babies. Cliche I know. But I also like to do patrolling for guard duty. The head enforcer Faro says I'm quick and agile so it helps when chasing things off the property." I watched his cheeks flare up with heat and his eyes went wide and dewy.
"Wow, you seem to like this enforcer alot huh ?" He paused and his whole face turned cherry red.
"Eh ? What I-I was ? O-oh." Nana played with his shirt sleeve bashfully.
"Oh you like him dont you ?" I smiled when he turned redder.
"W-well yeah .... hes... hes really strong but he doesn't flaunt it like other enforcers. Hes amazing with tactics and mathematics. He has a major in bioengineering and architecture, but hes also, really sweet and-and quiet..... and theres also.... his eyes." I smiled.
"What about his eyes Nana ?" I pulled him to rest on my shoulder and he seemed to sag into me relaxed.

"Faro, he got an injury when he was younger fighting off a territory dispute. Long story short he lost complete sight in one of his eyes. Its, been a sore spot for him for a long time because alot of the other warriors were scared of the way he looked afterwards.
But-but I think, I think hes beautiful. Even though he cant see out of it I dont think thats bad, he got it protecting us. His one eye is this pretty blue that I think you call lapis, the other is a grey like smoke powder." I carded my fingers through his long oak hair and he purred softly in content.
"Is he mated ?" Nana shook his head.
"No, hes one of our older unmated wolves, he just turned 38." I blinked in surprise.
"That's pretty old isnt it ?" He shrugged.
"Age doesn't really matter to us anyways so in retrospect it isnt too bad."

Werewolves are actually a long lived race, up until around the age of 30 we age like normal humans. After that threshold our bodies age only about a tenth of a humans. So for every ten years for a human we age 1, so while to us Faro would only be 38 to a human he would be around 110 years old.
"Do you wish you were his mate ?" Nana blushed and wiggled into my neck.
"M-maybe ?" I giggled and rubbed his back.
"Well whens your birthday ?" I blushed.
"My aging ceremony is tomorrow." I blinked.
"Well, than I guess you'll find out tomorrow then huh ?" He nodded his cheeks ruddey and his eyes soft.
"Why were you with those she wolves ? They were complete and utter bitches." He blushed in embaressment.
"The redhead, shes my older sister. I know we dont look alike but she looks like our dad. I'm the more .... I guess sensible one ? So my parents ask me to keep and eye on her." I hummed wincing when I shifted my weight.

"Are you alright ?" I nodded biting my lip.
"Yeah, the twins are both on one side, when I shifted my skin pulled." I slowly readjusted and sighed when the pain eased.
"C-can I..... can I feel ?" I blinked and looked at Nana.
His eyes were wide and there was something about him that was, disalarming I guess. He catches you off guard but not in a bad way, he relaxes my nerves. And it wasnt something I was used to, but I dont necessarily hate it either.
"Sure." I took his hand which was smaller than mine and slipped it under my sweater.
I shivered at the coldness of his hand but I didnt move it away, I brought it to where he'd feel them moving the most.
"They're both around here, my oldest told me they're hugging that's why they're so close together." I watched Nana's eyes light up when one of the twins little foot poked through my skin, he seemed to be enjoying the feeling.
"That's cool." I smiled and felt him follow the little foot moving around in my tummy.
"Does it feel weird, being on the inside ?" I shrugged, I was used to the sensation.
When I was pregnant with Casey when he first kicked it terrified me because I hadn't known what it was. I first thought there was something wrong with him, but when it kept happening, and I eventually felt his little hands and feet press on my hands did I realize he was ok. It's a sensation that you cant describe, I just always know that whenever my babies kicked and moved, it made me feel warm all the way down to my core and it makes me smile unconsciously.

"No, it's not weird. It's something you dont understand until you carry your own pups." I pulled my sweater up and let my hands rub over the stretched skin.
Nana didnt say anything, he just nodded and kept his hands on me and felt my pups.

.......

Nana eventually had to leave for patrol duty which once again left me alone. I didnt know what to do after now.
"What should I do ? Do you two have any ideas for mommy ? I hugged my tummy and smiled when I got a foot as an answer.
"Hmm I think so too. Maybe we should find the kitchen, I'm hungry." I know, I hear the lecture in my ears about getting up when I shouldn't, but I couldnt sit here on the couch and do nothing.
So I made the executive decision to leave the living room, and slowly shuffle to the kitchen, it took me awhile,  I had to take breaks from being drained. God trauma was a bitch, I couldnt do anything.
When I finally made it to the kitchen which was thankfully empty I made myself a sandwich, and yes it was a sandwich with high protein in it which was salami and american cheese. And as ashamed as it was to me I ate three of those, I hadn't realized I was that hungry. Maybe since I was finally starting to relax, I was starting to..... function ? If that's the way to put it.

"Momma ? Momma ? Where ma ?" I turned my head just to see my tiny little jude tottle into the kitchen with sleepy eyes and a teddy bear.
"Momma !" His voice was still creaky and he was still coughing but he didnt have a fever anymore thanks to the antibiotics.
"Hi baby. Did you have a nice nap my sweet prince ?" I slipped out of the chair and lifted him up and set him on my hip, ignoring the tweak of pain when I lifted him.
"Mm." He hugged my neck and put his face in my shoulder.
I stroked his soft duck fluff like hair and kissed his temple sweetly.
"Do you want something to eat sweetie ?" Jude nodded and yawned.
I sat back down in the chair and fed him the last half of my sandwich, he munched happily his face covered in crumbs.
"What are you doing out of bed Riku ?" I froze, and slowly looked towards the door and saw an angry Keanai.
Well I'm fucked.

Hi guys ☺ yay I'm alive !!!!!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏. A lot happened before the last update. I got promoted in my job which got me relocated to a different county in New york, which meant i had to move once again cant tell you how much fun that was 😑. So I finally moved into my new apartment and I finally updated, I had been writing this before I moved and I hadn't been able to finish it until now😑😶. Not to mention I hadn't gotten used to the new hours at work so my internal clock was jacked up. So I have made the decision that I will be writing a few chapters together ahead of time and publish them all together so in case something like life and its stupidity comes smashing my door down, I can give you guys something to read. So I will try to give you guys at least 15-19 maybe 20, in the next couple of days, so thank you guys for your patience and support for liking my story.
Until next time guys BetaX out ☺☺👋.