Chapter 19

How to describe what being in labor feels like. Its, painful sure. But also confusing. Every birth I've had up until now has been different. Casey was long and agonizing, I labored with him for 18 hours, then another 4 pushing him out. I was so exhausted after I barely had the strength to lick him clean. When I got pregnant again with Dian I expected the same. But I was only in labor for 3 hours with him and I only pushed about 6 times before he was out. Evee was in the middle, I was in labor for about 10 hours and pushed for 2. Jude was like Dian, only about 5 hours total. But the pain was so much worse compared to Dian. Then Ange, the pain was moderate, and I was in labor for about 9 hours but I only pushed for about 30 minutes. So knowing I'm in labor now, while terrifying and exciting as it is, I have no idea how it will go.

So now I'm sitting on the alphas and I's bed as they scramble around like headless chickens. It wasnt such a big deal, I wasnt in any pain right now, and the contractions I was having weren't noticable.
"Kea go get Warrick I'll take Ri to the ward." Seeril basically shoved Keanai out the door.
He spun on his heel and rushed to the closet to get a shirt, then pulled out a bunch of blankets.
"Are you alright Baby ? You feel any pain ?" I shook my head.
"Not really no, it feels like I'm being pinched." He sighed and helped me stand.
"What happened ?" Seeril lead me through the door and started to help me down the stairs.
"When I was showering, I felt one of the twins drop. Then my water broke. After that, I finished showering and I had a, contraction when i got out." Seer gave me a strange face.
"Your water broke and you started having contractions and you didnt say anything until you left the bathroom ?!?" I shrugged.
"I've done this before, I know it will be a while before anything happens." Seeril seemed to somewhat deflate and he sighed.
"Still, tell us baby ok ?" I nodded and he kissed my head.

We got to the sick ward, Seeril led me towards the back through a door that was labeled maternity. Keanai was already there and so was Warrick.
"Ah !! You mister !! What did I say about calling me ?!?" I flinched, blushing embarrassed.
"Sorry." Warrick sighed, shook his head.
"Well cant do anything about it now, come on Seer lay the blankets down and let me check you." Seeril led me to a chair and went off to a carpeted floor area with Keanai.
"So what happened so far ?" He undid my robe and I blushed.
"One, one of the babies dropped. My water broke after." Warrick made a noise in his throat and felt my tummy.
"And contractions ?" I nodded.
"How frequently are they coming ?" I shrugged.
"I'm, I'm not sure. I've only had two so far. It feels, it feels like pinching right now." Warrick nodded.
He took my blood pressure and a quick ultrasound to check how the babies were.
"Well good thing is they're both head down, hopefully they'll stay that way." He cleaned me off and helped me stand.
"Alright I'll be coming in up until you start pushing, you need anything or feel like something is wrong tell those two dummies to come get me alright ?" I nodded and he helped me over to the carpet and helped me sit on a cushion.
"I know this is a lot different from how you've done this before, but you've got people to help you now ok hon' ?" I started to tear up, and then I nodded.
Warrick was right, everytime, it was only me and my babies. Those bastards ignored my screams and crys, pleas for help. Those times when I was terrified and alone, trying to take care of a baby while having one. I had no one. But now, i had people. I had people who would be there, for me. I felt tears run down my cheeks and I felt arms wrap around me.
"Your not alone baby, keanai and I will be here the whole time. We're here for you." Seerils words, just made me cry harder.

.....

It wasnt until about 3 hours in that the pain was getting more intense. It went from a pinching sensation, to burning, to a bad cramping. Warrick told me things that would help, standing and walking around. Bouncing on a big ball, crunching on ice, have one of the alphas press on my back when there was pain. And it did help, I felt... calm. I knew what was happening, what I had to do. But it was the calming effect, knowing that there were two other people with me.