Prologue

"Please....Please take care of him, Midori. I...I beg of you", a frail, dark haired woman begged another woman who resembled the former a lot.

"But why me, Onee-san? Why not one of your so-called friends whom you trust MUCH more than me? I thought I was a backstabber", the younger woman snapped back at the other one with misty eyes, causing the former to stare at the ground in shame. The woman was Narusaka Aoi, the mother of the little boy she held close to her chest.

"I'm sorry, Midori. I'm sorry for everything! I'm sorry for everytime I hurt you and mocked you, but please....do not take your anger out on this little soul. He does not deserve it", she implored her sister once again, and thrust the little blanket she was holding towards her younger sister - Kirigaya Midori.

Midori sighed and took the blanket in her arms, staring into the beautiful face of the one month old boy who was sleeping peacefully. For Midori, it was a mother's love on first sight. She brought her index finger to feel his soft chin, which at the moment was covered with drool, but her attempt was stopped halfway by the little one who caught her finger with his little hands, and bit the tip with his non-existent teeth causing Midori, formerly his aunt, and now, his mother, to smile in response. The young boy's grip was powerful, and opened his eyes when Midori somehow managed to pull her finger away from his grasp. On seeing her smiling face, the frown on his face vanished and was replaced by a few childish kicks and giggles. Midori had immediately fallen for his beautiful onyx eyes and his smile.

"His name is Kazuto", the frail woman whispered, stroking his head, but it seemed as if the little one had already forgotten Aoi.

"Beautiful name. I can tell he's going to break so many hearts when he grows up", Midori whispered, staring at Kazuto's face, and Aoi nodded her head smiling at the infant. "I should leave, Midori. I should go back to my house before any more of the loan sharks come back and trouble Yukito"

"What...what will Minetaka say?", Aoi asked looking back at her sister.

"I'll handle my husband. You handle yours"

"........"

"Be safe, Onee-san", Midori whispered to the retreating form of her older sister who just smiled to herself - knowing that her son would be safe with her sister.

"Shall we head home, Kazu-kun?", she cooed causing him to giggle even more.

Time Skip

"Midori, you should have asked me at least once before you decided, shouldn't you?", Minetaka asked his wife, heavily disappointed that she had taken a huge decision without consulting him.

"What do you expect me to do, Mi-kun? I just fell for his face. Look at him!", she argued, hoping that her husband would see reason behind her decision and he fell for it immediately when Kazuto scrunched his eyebrows in his sleep blabbering in gibberish.

"Will you do the needful? I mean, legally?", Midori asked, giving him her puppy dog eyes which he could never resist, and as she had expected, he gave in to her request, giving her a nod.

"I cannot do anything about his birth certificate, Midori. If he finds about it himself, I...I won't be able to do anything about it", he warned, looking at his wife and the child in her arms.

"Well....I don't know why he should know about it at all. Plus, be happy Mi-kun! We just got promoted from Oba-san and Oji-san to Oka-san and Oto-san", she replied, and finally, Minetaka smiled genuinely.

6 Years Later

"ONII-CHAN!!", a five year old girl yelled, running up the stairs, mirth filling her dark eyes as she held her small shinai in her hands.