Chapter 18

Next Day

"What is the problem, Argo? Why did you message me almost in the middle of the night?", Kirito asked the message dealer. He noticed that Argo did not have the usual smirk on her face and the ever existent mirth and glint in her eyes was also missing.

"What do I need to know about Heathcliff?", he raised his eyebrow and Argo signalled him to slow down. "Why are you in a hurry? Have to catch a train? Or are you trying to secretly join a new guild to fight the 74th boss?"

"You know I can't do that, Argo - stop beating around the bush and tell me what you have to say", he grumbled and transferred a good amount of Cor to Argo's account.

"Heathcliff entered the boss room yesterday. I was there at the time in search of the entrance - and at the last moment, I saw him. To avoid getting spotted by him, I rushed behind one of those ice rocks nearby and wondered what he was going to do when he clearly had no permission to enter the area. He had his face hidden, and I only managed to see him because of my original skill - Eagle's Eye. I tried to capture a video, but from the distance I was in, I couldn't capture the video properly - it's a bit shaky", she whispered and showed Kirito the video. Argo was right - the video was of very poor quality considering the distance she had taken the video from, it was a miracle she had managed to capture the slightest bit of his straight gaze.

"How do you think he got in? He has no clearance to enter the room considering Kayaba's recent guild rules. BUT, he managed to waltz into the room and came back in one piece with a weird smirk on his face. This just has ONE message in it - either he has some contact with Kayaba or he knows something we don't know. Why does he have to hide that?", Argo retorted and Kirito bit his lip in response.

"I am as clueless as you, Argo - but thank you. I...I needed this. I need to go and have a little chat with my so-called commander", he seethed and gripped the side of his belt tightly. Kirito kicked a nearby rock and yelled out in frustration causing Argo to wince at the sound he cast out.

"If he could enter the boss room, then..."

"I know! I don't need a lecture and nobody is giving you a single Cor for the same. Do what you will", Argo interrupted him and Kirito nodded his head.

"By the way, Ki-bou..", Argo snapped her fingers when Kirito turned to leave causing him to look back at her. Argo simply smiled. "Cute kid"

"I know", he said and an involuntary smile appeared on his face. "Don't die on me, Argo"

"Fuck you! I'm pretty sure I'll last longer than your future kid - based on the atrocities you commit", she snapped with a mocking smile. Kirito sighed in relief and gave her a two finger salute before pulling out his teleport crystal.

Time Skip

"Mama, I am hungry!", Yui pouted, sticking her plate out at Asuna while jumping impatiently. Asuna rolled her eyes at Yui, knowing that she was not actually hungry considering that she had 'secretly' plundered a couple of her snacks.

"I know you are not", Asuna wiggled her finger in front of Yui's face causing the little girl to puff her cheeks in annoyance.

"Will Papa be home soon?", she asked and the small smile on Asuna's face was replaced by a worrying grimace. "I hope so, Yui-chan"

"From the data I had harnessed since the first day Kayaba-san had trapped you all, Papa has put himself in danger in 79.44 percent out of all the times he has left his safe place, and by my standards, 66 percent of the danger he faces is classified as extremely dangerous", she said and Asuna began to heave slowly. It had been a while since Kirito had left and he had told her that it was just a small meeting with Argo.