Chapter 6

"K...K...Kirito-kun?", Asuna whispered, reaching out to him with a shaky hand and his bloodshot eyes fired up. Asuna jumped back defensively, while the other men drew their weapons out. Kirito simply shook his head and bowed his head. "Do not worry. I will not harm you. There will be bloodshed however"

"What...what happened?", Asuna asked him kneeling down to his level and lifted his face by his chin. Even though there was bloodlust in his eyes, there was lots of pain underneath. "Leave this place, Asuna. Please....you do not want to be around here"

"Can you please tell me what...", Asuna started but shrieked as a body fell on top of her. She scurried back as she saw a man from the PKing guild Laughing Coffin. His health was in the critical zone, and looked at her with pleading eyes, but his hands and legs were cuffed, and a piece of cloth was stuffed in his mouth.

Fearfully, Asuna looked up and gasped as she saw four more Laughing Coffin members hanging upside down from the ceiling. She pointed a shaking finger towards them. "Did you..."

"They are bait - for the rest of them. This guild contains around one thousand players apparently", he said with a straight face. "They....killed everyone....everyone"

Kirito broke down on the spot. Asuna threw her arms around him, hoping to comfort him but all it resulted in, was him sobbing even more hard.

The next moment, he pulled himself from her embrace and glared at the PKer lying on the floor who was hopelessly trying to get away from him. Kirito then made his way slowly towards him. "EVERYONE!!"

All that was left of the grunt was the headless body which soon burst into polygons, and whatever remained of his face stuck under Kirito's right boot.

"Asuna-sama, I am telling you, he is dangerous!!", Kuradeel complained, pointing his sword at Kirito and he rolled his eyes in response. "I already told you. I am not targetting you. But I will kill them all - each and every one of them"

As if on cue, around twenty members from Laughing Coffin burst inside the room, and the leader laughed at Kirito. "So, only three of you remain? And I presume the rest are gone to dust? THAT is the power of Laughing Coffin. There were twenty nine people in this room, and I recall sending in three of us. If three of us can do so much, imagine what WE can do?"

At that moment, all four of the hanging members yelled out muffled screams from the air and the leader walked back slowly, not believing what had happened.

"For your information, there were nine of us....and twenty of you. Possible miscommunication from your side. I've killed fifteen of you, and I wouldn't mind killing twenty more", Kirito seethed and brought out his sword, before plunging his sword into the leader's throat even before he could draw his weapon out.

"Mur....de...rer", he croaked before bursting into polygons and the other PKers bolted out of the room even before Kirito lifted his eyes from the ground.

Kirito then lifted his eyes towards the ceiling and glared at the rest who shook their heads with muffles, probably begging him to leave them alone.

"She begged too, didn't she? And what did you do?", Kirito snarled before decapitating all of them in one single swipe of his sword. The next second, he sheathed his sword, and the anger in his eyes was replaced by guilt. Kirito's breathing grew uneven and he dropped down to the floor. "I shouldn't have done it.... It's ALL my fault...my fault"

"Kuradeel, Godfree, go and tell the commander about what happened. I will join you after a while", Asuna said and teleported the two of them to her apartment in Selmburg.

Kirito looked up and realised that she had teleported the two of them. "Where....Where are we?"

"This is my apartment in Selmburg, a city in the 61st floor of Aincrad"