Chapter 19

"Don't go alone! You will.."

"Shut up and stay in your own lane, BOY!!", the leader snarled and went into the boss room - his head way up in the air processing the thoughts of the imaginary weakness of the boss.

"As I said before, your party is in..."

"I asked you to SHUT UP!!",  he bellowed, and pointed his sword at Kirito's throat.

"Do it. Finish me off. Finish me off and let me see how you clear this game unscathed", he demanded, striding slowly towards the leader, and for once, his unfaltering will broke down.

"DO IT!!", Kirito screamed and the leader shot back, wielding his sword with an extremely shaky grip.

"I..I..", he nervously licked his lips and Kirito scoffed.

"You are not confident of beating me - a single player, but you are so confident of taking down an entire floor boss with that meagre army of yours, and that too not an army that is entirely healthy? Look at them! Three in the red zone, four in the yellow zone and nine in the orange!", he protested and the leader firmly pressed his hand on Kirito's chest.

"I have a duty to fulfill. I will lock the door with a seal that would never be broken until I die. So don't even hope of trying to get inside", he ordered and tapped his sword against the armour of his shins repeatedly.

"LET'S GO! FOR LIBERATION!!", the leader yelled, thrusting his sword in the air, and the rest of the party followed suit with half hearted shouts of enthusiasm.

Kirito watched silently as the men and women headed towards the death room. But he could do nothing to prevent them from doing so. Death and defeat were inevitable in the state the part members were. Fatigue and annoyance were etched on their faces and the only thing the leader was able to do was to fulfill his false beliefs of a simple victory.

"They will be massacred, won't they?", Asuna whispered behind Kirito. He stayed silent, unable to answer her question - due to guilt and disgust. Guilt, because he was there at the spot, but not able to do anything to stop the army, and disgust due to the dogma of the party leader.

The door was shut the second the last person walked through, leading the strongest party of ALA to their last stand.

Eight minutes.

For eight minutes, the duo from KoB and the Fuurinkazan had to wait outside, painfully hearing the screams, pleads and curses of the players.

"Gaah! That's it!! Break the door!!", Klein yelled pointing out towards the metallic door. His guild members agreed with his decision and rammed the door with all of their might but to no avail and luck.

"Come on! There must be some way! SOME way!!", he yelled, using his Katana to hack the door, but the clash of metal on metal only resulted in the strong vibrations being sent through his weapon, and Klein dropped down on the floor.

"We're wasting our time! Where is the DDA?", Asuna snarled and Yui pressed her hands to the side of forehead and frowned. Everybody turned their attention to the little girl, and to their horror, she shook her head softly.

"I cannot find anyone in a ten kilometre radius, Mama", Yui said solemnly and everybody stayed silent, exchanging nervous glances.

"Should we head back otherwise?", Dale asked with an unsure voice and Klein shook his head.

"That fool might need us to drag his sorry ass back alive, wouldn't he?", he countered and Dale groaned in response, kicking the door.

The door suddenly creaked open and everyone looked at Dale with a flabbergasted expression.