Chapter 20

Kirito felt as if he was run over by a hundred trucks a hundred times each. He woke up groggily with a wince and was met with the tearful faces of Yui and Asuna.

Asuna sighed in relief and hugged him with all her might, almost blowing out all of the air in his lungs in the process.

"IDIOT!!", she yelled through her tears as she continued to sob over his shoulder, while Yui fisted his coat tightly.

"Sorry about that. Did we win?", he asked weakly and felt Asuna nod her head. "How's your arm?"

"You are worried about my arm? I thought I lost you! Will it hurt to let us help you, Kirito-kun?", she mumbled and stared at his face which was ridden with guilt.

"I just don't want to see you hurt", he protested weakly and Yui punched his stomach.

"What about us? Don't we wish the same?", she retorted, and Kirito did not have a befitting reply. Asuna continued to stroke his hair through her tears and a couple of seconds later, Klein walked towards them, rubbing the back of his head.

"Hey there, tough guy", he said with his trademark smirk which Kirito weakly returned.

"Look at you, Kirito. Keeping secrets like that Dual Wielding from your best friend and all", he whined, but stopped his playful behaviour when he saw Kirito's crestfallen face.

"I understand if you don't want to tell me, Kirito. I was just joking. You don't.."

"It's not you, Klein. I didn't want to tell anyone about this because I was afraid I might attract the wrong sort of people. After this, well, I guess I will attract the Laughing Coffin wouldn't I?", Kirito winced as he slightly stretched his back.

"That is what you'll get when you go one on one against such a powerful boss, Papa! That was highly dangerous EVEN by YOUR standards", Yui complained as she punched his stomach with tears in her eyes.

"I know, Yui. I was impulsive. But I don't regret it", he ruffled her hair and received two of the strongest glares he had ever received and immediately shrunk.

"Dummy", Asuna seethed as she kissed him fervently. Kirito was in no shape to get off the ground and the fact that Yui and Asuna were putting their entire weights on his hapless body didn't exactly help the matter.

"Kirito-kun", Asuna whispered and he looked up weakly, frowning in an attempt to see the actual Asuna when he was seeing four of her.

"Huh?", he grunted softly and Asuna shifted uncomfortably in his embrace. "Who were you talking about? You were yelling at Gleam Eyes to let someone go. Who was it?"

"Eugeo", he mumbled with a wince and Asuna raised her eyebrow asking him to explain.

"But Papa, there is no player named Eugeo in this database. You must have been overwhelmed by the power you were using and that must have lead to you seeing someone", Yui explained but Kirito was not convinced.

"No, Yui. I swear, I have never met that guy in my life, but...I saw him die in front of my eyes - I think. When he got hurt, or at least that is what I saw, I became angry. Each time he got hurt, I felt the same rage and anger I would feel when one of you would get hurt", he explained. Yui and Asuna exchanged nervous glances, but at the last moment, Asuna forced a smile on her face. She knew she had to stay strong for both of them at the moment.

"Papa is just tired. He will not remember this tomorrow", she whispered into Yui's ears and the little girl meekly nodded her head.

"I felt pain for a man I have never met - but I felt some warmth from him - the sort of warmth I get from Suguha and Yuuki, my sisters. It was almost as if he was like my brother", he continued deliriously and Klein tapped his back softly.