6. A big ball of happiness

It took Loki quite some time to get from Odin's study to his room. His back and face hurt like hell and all the energy he had in him was gone. Odin had told the guards and servents to not help Loki get back to his room, as he thought is was part of his punishment.

When Loki finally got back to his room, all he wanted to do was sleep. He fell to the ground and grunted, but he didn't have enough energy to move to his bed.

There he layed for a while, just thinking about the events of that day. His back hurt like hell, but that was no comparison to the pain he felt in his heart. The pain of betrayal as his mother had broken her promise. Was there nobody in this world that loved him? Cared for him?

He knew his father stopped loving him a long time ago. It was so long ago that maybe a better question was if Odin had ever loved him. It was weird, because Loki thought he would get used to it, a father that didn't love him. But every time Odin showed no signs of caring, it broke Loki's heart.

Loki didn't think he loved his father, but then again, how could he be sure?

His brother was another story. It was like Thor was split into two persons. One was a bully and the other was the golden prince that everybody knew so well. The bully tried to hurt you in every way possible. And was easily influenced by his friends. Sif and Fandral. He was mean and didn't think about the consequences of his actions. The golden prince did, and every step was very calculated. But Loki noticed that over the years these two personalities were becoming one. And when Thor would become king, these two would be one. He would be loved by the people, but his actions and decisions would be let by anger and fear.

Another thing that he noticed was that the last few days, his feelings for Sif had changed, he didn't think of her the same way he did before. He didn't like her anymore.

He grew distant.

He grew distant from everybody, even is his mother.

His mother.

She left him. She told that she would protect him but she didn't. And now, thanks to her, he had gotten the greatest beating in history by his father. He wasn't sad, he was angry. He didn't want anything to do with this family anymore.

'Hello Loki.'

The first time he heard this, he thought that the boy  in his room was an enemy, somebody that had come to hurt him. Now, he saw someone that could be part of his new family. Or, a new something at least. But, he had to play this game smart. Because he wasn't going to let another family destroy his live. No, he would be the one in control this time.

'Hello Peter.' He said, trying to stand up but failing miserably.

'Wait let me help you, stay on the ground.' Peter said running towards Loki with a worried look on his face.

'This might sting a little.' He said, before starting to heal Loki's wounds with magic.

Loki hissed but kept himelf from making any more noises. He needed to look strong.

'Aaaaaand, done!' Peter said while he jumped up with a smile on his face. Bits of brown magic still flying around his hands. Loki stood up slowly and let one of his hands run along his back. It didn't hurt anymore, but there were enormous scars all over his back.

'Thank you.' Loki said holding his hand out for Peter to shake it. Peter just looked at him with a smirk on his face.

'I'm not going to shake your hand, I'm not 40! Now, did you change your mind about my offer?'

Loki smiled at him and pulled his hand away.

'I think I did. What is this new family you were talking about?' He said.

'There the Lost Boys, and me off course. We live in a place called neverland, were we never grow up. And there are no adults to tell us what to do!' Peter told him, moving his hands as he spoke.

To Loki, this didn't feel right. It could be a trap, or something else at least. He knew that there was no realm in which time stood still. Never the less, what did he had to lose?

'I like it! Can I come?' Loki asked, faking his happiness and watching Peters every move. He knew something was wrong about this boy, but he couldn't quite pinpoint it.

'Great, I'll teach you how to get there.'

Peter was about to throw some kind off dust over Loki, but he quickly stepped back.

'What is that?' He asked, semi-panicking that this boy was about to kill him after all.

'It's just fairy dust, it won't hurt you.' Peter said, a bit irritated, but that whenLoki noticed that all of Peters happiness was just a facade. Loki liked it. He could never get along with a walking ball of happiness anyway.

Loki decided to push Peter facade a little more. He wanted to see the real Peter Pan.

'Listen sunshine, you're not just going to throw some magical powder over me, understand?' He said, smirking on the inside. He knew he had pushed Peter over the edge.

'WELL YOU DON'T HAVE TO COME!' Peter yelled, now completely dropping his facade.

'Well, at least you dropped the happiness act.' Loki said, smirking.

'Shut it, daddy issues.'

This actually hurt Loki, but he was not stupid enough to show it.

'Now. What is the dust for?' Loki asked, pointing at the dust in Peter Pan's hands.

'I make's you fly.' Peter said, with a serious look on his face.

Loki snorted. Even with all the magic in the realm everbody knew you needed an object to fly. Like Mjolnir, or an airplane from midgard.

'You can't fly.' Loki said, still laughing.

'We shall see.' Peter said while throwing the dust over Loki with a smirk on his face.

——————-
Word count: 1031
——————-