7. Let's fly away

'Now what?' Loki asked as the dust was sparkling on his skin and clothes.

'You know these clothes are really expensive right and I swear if you just ruined them...'

That's when Peter cut him off by grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the window. There they stood Peter next to Loki. They heard people talking in the hallway, but they didn't care.

'It's time for a leap of faith.' Peter said, climbing up the window as he did. Loki looked at him with a smirk on his face, he wanted to make this leap.

'So uhm, how do I fly?' Loki asked, looking at Peter questionly. He grinned.

'If you believe in magic, you will fly.'

There was an awkward silence between them before Loki pulled a 'seriously' face and said:

'Really? That's it?'

'Uhm, yeah.' Peter said, looking a bit taken aback. He still stood on the windowsill and was obviously expected Loki to react differently to this sentence, as all the other kids had.

'Well, what are you waiting for then?' Loki said, pushing Peter so he almost fell off the ledge. Secretly, Loki was very excited to fly and could barely hold back a smile of delight. Peter was now smiling and let go off the top of the window, ready to jump.

'Well then daddy issues, here I go!' Peter said before jumping out of the window. For a moment, it looked like Peter was actually failing from Loki's room, but then he shot up and flew higher than Loki had ever seen anybody go.

Now Loki couldn't hold back a smile. He laughed as he saw Peter souring through the sky, motioning to join him.

Loki put one foot on the windowsill, looking back to his room. Now the realization hit him. He would maybe never come back here. But he couldn't think like that, not right now. He was going to be happy, or at least happier than he was before.

He looked up at the evening sky ready to jump. This was it, this was the moment.

'Brother!'

Loki stiffened when he heard Thor calling him. No, not right now! He didn't want to face his brother ever again.

'Get out of that window now!' Thor ordered, still trying to control Loki.

Then Loki did something he thought he would never do. He turn his head towards Thor and looked him in the eyes before saying:

'No.'

Thor walked over tp the window to stop Loki, but he pushed him back with magic. He was done with his brother, he didn't want him anymore.

'Loki...' He heard another voice say. He turned his head towards the voice and saw his mother standing in the opening of the door.

'Please don't jump.' She said tears with tears in her eyes.

Loki looked at her and grinned. His mother had abandoned him. Now he would abandon her.

'It's not a jump mother. It's a leap of faith.' He said before letting himself fall in the cold night air.

For a moment he thought he would fall to the floor, but then quickly regained his faith and he felt himself shooting up in the air, just like Peter had done a minute ago.

He heard his mother scream and saw her running towards the window. When she saw him, she started yelling.

'LOKI ODINSON, COME BACK HERE NOW. OR YOU WILL BE GROUNDED FOREVER!'

He chuckled as he flew away from her angry screams and towards a new live.

'You have a messed up family.' Peter stated, looking over at Loki while they were flying away.

'I know.'

——————-
Word count: 604
——————-