Chapter 1

"When are we leaving?" I hear Mika call from down the hall.

"In a few minutes! Calm down" I say before hearing a groan and footsteps. Mika and I had been transferred to Zaofu Security and are back in Republic City visiting yet we're on a special business here.

We each have a job of some sort. Apparently Prince Wu and his siblings are in town. Wu is being sworn in as King of The Earth Kingdom while the other two are here for publicity reasons.

"You ready to go?" My sister asked clipping her badge to her metal uniform. I sighed and nodded straightening out my cloth detectives uniform.

We walked downtown to see a large mass of people gathered around city hall where President Raiko was speaking. I see Beifong and smile before turning and facing forward. The president steps down as he cuts the ribbon for the new Train House.

"Amaya? Mika?" I hear a strangely familiar voice. I turn and almost jump at the person. I tackled Tenzin and the Airbender kids to the ground in a hug.

"Jinora! Meelo, Ikki! I've missed you" I smile before looking up at Rohan up in Tenzin's shoulders. I make goofy expressions as Tenzin is talking to Mika about something making the small boy giggle and shake with laughter.

Using my awesome Airbending skills, I expertly lift up and snatch the child off Tenzin's shoulders and put him on mine.

"You got big Rohan, last time I saw you, you were a baby" I smile as I walk around with a small person on my shoulders. I was so busy entertain Rohan that I didn't notice that I had walked into someone. Rohan fell from my shoulders but I caught him on a cloud of air and quickly recovered placing him in my arms.

"Asami?" I say as I look up at the person I ran into.

"Hey Amaya!" she hugs me tightly making Rohan groan and squeal. Asami and I talked for a bit about how long it's been and how her relationship with Iroh was and everything until it came to the touchy subject.

"So, how are you and Mako?" As soon as she asked that my smile diminished and a glare make its way onto my face.

"So I'm guessing it didn't go well" she chuckled.

"Well, he blamed me for moving to Zaofu on orders then accused me of cheating on him with one of Beifong boys. Come on!" I say as I put Rohan down and he runs over to Ikki who's standing a few feet away.

"You're not going to be happy then..." she trails off awkwardly. I was about to ask why but I soon discovered my answer.

"Hey Asami, Maya?" I hear the voice that I used to love hearing and now can't stand.

"Hello Mako" I say stiffly as I turn and face the boy who has adopted his father's hairstyle and no longer has the spiked up, rebellious hairdo.

"I was hoping we could talk. Beifong told me you guys were in town" he said scratching his neck.

"No, I don't talk to people who accuse me of doing things that never happened. Have a good day, if you need me I'll be at Air Temple Island" I say before giving Asami a hug and walking away.