The Sports Festival

2 weeks later
No PoV

"Alright you maggots, this is the moment that you all have been waiting for, I expect great matches from all of you is that clear!" Gran Torino said as he was giving his class encouragement... well in his own way.

"YES SENSEI!" Class 1-A yelled with determination.

"Good, NOW GET OUT THERE AND SHOW THEM YOUR STUFF!" He yelled.

"YEAH!" The class yelled in unison.

The entire U.A coliseum was filled to the brim with civilians, news reporters and heroes who wants to scout the new generation of young heroes.

"And now say hello to the hero course students of class 1-A and 1-B!" The announcer yelled as both class 1-A was walking out of the tunnel.

"Man that announcer guy sure is lacking in enthusiasm, maybe I should be the one doing that OH YEAAAHHH!" Hisashi said as he got close to Shia but like always shia just pushed him aside.

"If you were the one doing that every year I would rather wrap myself in bandages." She said as she went inkine for the assembly talk.

"Now a word from out top student: Toshinori Yagi!" Toshinori then started to walk up the steps and grabbed the microphone that was handed to him.

"Ahem... We are here today to not only show what we are capable of but also to show the people that we can be heroes that they can rely on, I stand here before all of you to say give it your best, lets all do our best, lets all ho beyond PLUS ULTRA!" Toshinori yelled as the entire arena erupted in cheers.

"Thank you for that speech Toshinori, now lets not wait any longer lets start with the first event which will be... CAPTURE THE FLAG!" The announcer yelled as the metal floor in the center of the coliseum began to retract and a podium filled with 42 flags emerged from the ground.

"Let me explain the rules, this large podium has 3 layers to it, the first layer has the green and yellow flags, the second layer has the blue and red flags, and the third layer has only 1 flag and its colour is gold, each colour has a different point value that will carry on at the end of the festival, also the gold flag has a special rule that will be available on the next round, you may also notice that there are only a handful of flags, that reason is simple... there will only be 42 of you that will be able to get to the next round." The announcer said, every then began to panic a little, well every one except (YN), he was thinking about his favorite manga having an anime adaptation.

'Man I wish the sports festival started tomorrow, Arifureta: from common place to worlds strongest is finally airing today, man what a drag.' (YN) thought as he sighed.

"Hey dont just stare off into space (LN)-san." A voice came from (YN) side, he looked at the direction of the voice and saw his friend Ryoko Tsuchikawa.

"Sorry Tsuchikawa-san, I just thought of something VERY important." (YN) said to his blond friend.

"Well listen, The announcer will give the instructions now." She said.

"R-right... sorry." (YN) said as he returned his gaze to the announcer.

"Now here is how you move on, you have to grab 1 of the flags you see here, if every flag is taken then the timer will start, the students without a flag will be given 10 mins. to steal a flag from those who were able to get a flag, after 10 mins. all those who were get a flag will move on to the next round." The announcer said.

'This is going to be fun.' (YN) smiled exitedly.

All the first years were now holding on to the walls of the coliseum waiting for the signal to start.