Chapter Thirty Three

"Why? It's not like I haven't seen you naked before." He said.

"Well... You don't remember anything from that... Night." I said trying to sound confident but failed miserably.

"I do. You think I have bad memories like you do?" He said and I scowled.

The nerves.

"Well..." I said lost for words, so he does remember. What the hell is wrong with my brain. I had always forgotten about stuff.

"Well?" He said, the smirk never leaving his face. "Can you close your eyes?" I asked and he raised an eyebrow but did it anyway.

I walked slowly to the bathroom, looking at him as if he was peeping, immediately I got into the bathroom I closed the door. I heard him chuckle.

With a sigh, I quickly put on my clothes and came out. He was still on the bed.

"Uh... You can use the bathroom now, there's a new toothbrush in there, come out... When you want to." I said. I was just seriously lost for words.

"Hmm." I heard him hum.

I quickly rushed out of the room. Why do I feel like that?! You gotta get used to it, like seriously, you're getting married to him!

Yeah. I had to. I walked to the sitting room, Layla was already there with Carrie.

Wait, Carrie was awake? I looked at the time. 10:12 am. Wow, the time flew by real fast.

Immediately Layla saw me she smiled widely and came up to me. "Oh, my dear sister." She said hugging me. She was really in a happy spirit.

"How did it go?" She asked.

"It went fine," I replied with a smile. "That's cool, I can't wait for my prince charming." She said with a giggle and I giggled along with her. I remembered when we were little, we had always talked about our prince charming.

I went toward Carrie and picked her up. "Oh my, you're growing up," I said and she giggled. No joke, she has more weight now than before and she is getting bigger.

"How was your night?" I asked her. "It was fine." She said with a huge grin.

"That's fantastic!" I said beaming.

"Lily?" Layla called. "Yes?" I replied. She was looking at my finger, where the ring was.

"Did he?" She asked. "Yes!" I said nodding my head. "Are you sure-" she cuts off herself when Xavier walked towards where we were.

Just me? or he keeps on walking in when she's in the middle of a sentence.

"Hey," I said to Xavier, and he raised an eyebrow. "Hey?"

"Hi," Carrie said with a giggle to Xavier and buried her head in my neck.

"I have to go now, I got a phone call, it's urgent." He said. Oh.

"Oh, okay. See you around." I said. "Yeah." He said pecking my lips. "I love you." He said. "I love you more," I replied and watched him leave the house.

Deep down, I didn't want him to go. I sighed.

~

After lots of questions from Layla, she finally left me alone. It was currently 6:01 pm. I had so much fun with Layla and Carrie today.

I felt so happy and loved. I just finished bathing Carrie when my phone rang.

Xavier.

I knew he was going to call. I answered the caller. "You weren't going to call me?" That was the first thing he said.

"I was... Kinda busy."

"Too busy to give me a call?"

"Yeah," I said and I heard him scoff.

"Can you come over to my dad's place tomorrow?" He asked. I'd love to but his mom...

"Your mom..."

"Can you?" He asked again. What the hell was I doing? I should have let his mom be an obstacle to our relationship.

"Sure, I can," I replied.

"Okay, a car would be there tomorrow morning to pick you and Daisy up."

"Okay... I miss you."

"And you weren't going to call me?" I wanted to see him so bad.

"I miss you too." He continued.

"I miss you more." And that started the argument.

~
Next Morning:

I and Xavier had a stupid argument last night. We talked on the phone till it was 11 pm.

I was currently waiting for the car to pick us up to come. I looked towards Layla who was busy giggling at her phone.

Is there something she isn't telling me? "Oh, the car is here!" I said as I heard the sound of a car at the front of my apartment.

"Bye Layla," I said and she finally look up from her phone. She gave me a warming smile.

"Bye, see you later." She waved at me and Carrie.

I walked out with Carrie to the car and got in. The ride was dead silence.

We drove for like 20mins before the car finally stopped. The door opened and I got out with Carrie in my hand.

Immediately after I got into the house, I saw Xylia. She ran towards where I am. Ran.

"Oh, my favorite person here. Hey sweetie," she said the last part to Carrie.

"Hi," Carrie said with a huge smile. She remembered her. "Come." She said to us. "Okay." I trailed behind her.

"Do you live here?" I asked.

"No, I'm only here to see my parents and then I'd be gone." She said and I nodded my head.

"You're here." I heard Xavier's voice. "Of course, she is silly, where were you, she has been here for a long time!" Xylia scolded him.

"So... It's true... You two are getting married... And she is pregnant!" She said hugging me. So she knew but, how.

"H-how did you know?" I asked.

"I've got my ways." She replied. She and Xavier have almost the same personality.

"You two are just going to stand here? We have breakfast to eat!" She said taking me by my hand.

We stopped at a dining table, she took Carrie from me and opened a chair for me to sit down. "Eat a lot, okay?" She asked and I just nodded my head slowly.

"It's been a while, Lily." I looked up to see Xander and his wife. He had a huge smile on his face, unlike his wife who held a scowl.

Xavier joined after some time. "Please, eat a lot," Xander said. I watched as everybody took from theirs.

"Lily, you're pregnant! You have to eat." Xylia said.

Oh god.

I noticed how Xavier's mother suddenly smiled. "Pregnant?" She asked Xylia who nodded her head.

"That's fantastic. Yes, eat a lot." Xander said.

"Let's make the wedding this weekend!"

It was Xavier's mother who said that. What the-

"Yes!" Xander replied.

The smile on her face was so real, you could tell she meant it. But why? Because of the baby?

"Eat a lot, Lily. Here." She added more food to my plate.

"How stupid of me! I never introduced myself! I'm Jessie." She said.

I looked at Xavier who was watching us, he seems amused. "I'm Lily."

"I know!" She said. I've never seen this side of her before.

Let's make the wedding this weekend! Today was Thursday.