Chapter 5 - A Tough Choice

A/N: I do not own PJO or HOO. Rick Riordan does!

Theron awoke in a room that appeared to be a cell. There were no windows and only a door directly in front of him. As Theron awoke from his slumber, he could make out voices coming from the behind the door.

"...can't take his hood off! Every time I tried to, it wouldn't move a single inch. It's probably enchanted somehow." a masculine voice said. You could tell that the speaker was very frustrated.

"Mercy, calm down. We will get Theron to answer our questions once he awakes, for now, we'll have to wait." the speaker of this was obviously female. 

Theron waited for a few seconds as he heard their footsteps recede. The assassin looked around at his surroundings and noticed he was bound at the wrists and ankles. He laughed at his captor's attempts to keep the most feared assassin at bay. Theron did not become the Universe's most skilled assassin for nothing. 

Theron closed his eyes and willed his hands to burst into flames. The chains were trying to prevent this, but inanimate objects can only block out so much power. Theron's hands burst into flames and he watched in amusement as the chains heated up and melted. 

Theron stood up and blended into the shadows of the dark cell. The door would be difficult to break, as this was obviously made with a stronger material, perhaps Chaosidite. Theron closely studied every inch of the door as he suddenly heard footsteps walk down the hall. Judging by the multiple taps of shoes, there were at least nine people coming towards his cell.

Theron silently jumped into the darkest corner as the door swung open. Multiple figures entered the room and gasped. They stared at the melted chains in shock.

"How..?" one of them asked.

"We should have expected this. He is the most skilled assassin out there." another said.

Meanwhile, Theron trying not to laugh. He quietly snuck out of the cell and jumped onto one of the many beams that supported the ceiling. This would be the perfect time to get a good look at the Chaos Palace. Theron jumped silently from beam to beam, no one even knew he was still here. They all expected him to leave at the first moment he got.

Theron had already explored the garden, library, and kitchens when he came across the council room. He quickly walked into the room and looked around.

In the middle, there was a giant black throne with stars, planets, and galaxies swirling around it. This throne was the largest and obviously belonged to Chaos.

To the left, was an empty, pure white throne.

Further left, there was a throne that was made of swords.

Next to that one, was a throne that appeared to made from cooled lava