Chapter 22 - Suspicious Suspicions

Will turned off the faucet and dried his hands on a towel that was sitting nearby. He breathed out a sigh of relief. Three days had passed since his conversation with Nico and he had finally finished with the last of the wounded. He sat down in a chair and closed his eyes, he felt like he could sleep for weeks.

"Sleeping already?" an amused voice asked. "I thought that I had reservations." Will cracked open an eye to see a smirking Nico standing there with his arms crossed.

"I feel like death." Will groaned. Nico chuckled and sat down in the chair that was conveniently placed next to the son of Apollo.

"I'm not sensing any death from you, so I think you'll survive," Nico said quietly, leaning his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. The two lovers stayed silent for a few moments.

"Should I tell the others that the meeting will take place tomorrow?" the son of Hades questioned. He only got a hum of an agreement from Will. Nico sighed as he watched his sleeping boyfriend's form. The son of Hades had never felt this happy in centuries, he had finally found a family that loved and accepted him. He smiled as he ran his fingers through Will's golden locks. 

If only Percy were here Nico thought sadly. Nobody deserved the fate of the two-time savior of Olympus. Even after fighting two wars, he didn't get any peace. Now, well nobody knew where he was. Rumors had spread over the years, some said he joined Olympus's enemy (Nico personally thought this was bullshit because, even if he was stabbed in the back, Percy would never join the enemy), some say that he wasn't even on planet Earth anymore. The depressed stage that the Greeks and Romans went through lasted years and was only stopped when Hestia herself spoke up, saying that Percy never would have wanted them to mope around. Everybody immediately agreed and enjoyed the newfound peace they were experiencing. 

Thinking of war and peace, Nico drifted off to sleep in his boyfriend's arms.

Line Break

The son of Hades was awoken by the sounds of giggling and not-so-quiet whispers. He groaned and buried himself deeper into his pillow, attempting to block out the uninvited noises. His attempts were futile. No matter how hard he tried, the giggling sounds would not disappear. His pillow moved and wrapped itself around the son of Hades. Wait...pillows don't move. Nico cracked open his eyes, allowing the bright light to momentarily blind him. When the blindfold of light finally dissolved, Nico realized that he was not in the Hades cabin and that he was not laying on his pillow. He shot up and looked around, noticing that he was in the infirmary tent from when he was visiting Will last night. He looked around and noticed that he was cuddling the son of Apollo, who was still sleeping. He blushed a dark crimson red and looked around the tent, attempting to locate the mysterious laughing noises. In the entrance of the tent stood what was left of the Seven, Reyna and Thalia.

Nico would like to have said that he glared at the intruders and saved what was left of his dignity. Alas, that was not the case. He made a noise of a dying pterodactyl, causing the group to burst out laughing and making Will awake from his deep slumber. He quickly became aware of his arms around the son of Hades and the group standing in the entryway of the tent. He made a squeaking noise and swiftly unwrapped himself from his lover's body.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauties." Reyna teased.

"Shut up." Nico groaned, burying his head in his boyfriend's chest.

"You're going to miss breakfast," Thalia said in between laughter. 

"I'm going to kill all of you," Nico growled, causing the group to laugh. Will wrapped his arms around the smaller demigod. The group quickly left, allowing the two lovers some private time. After a moment's silence, Will spoke quietly.