Chapter 39 - Finale (Part 1)

DEDICATED TO smartfan FOR BEING THERE SINCE BEFORE THE BEGINNING 

Prophecy:

Order rises from its chains,

End cannot be restrained,

Heroes of the past face ancient evil,

The cost of life shall stop upheaval.

Allies will be unmasked,

And Death will be tasked.

Previously

And with that, she plunged her blade into the roof and flashed away. The rooftop crumbled and Perseus fell, still frozen, into the complex. The building wavered, struggling to hold its ground. It failed. The building collapsed with Perseus buried underneath its ruins. Crushed.

Perseus Jackson was dead.

Now

Order walked down the road that led to the Empire State Building. To Olympus, the home of the gods. She could easily just flash to the elevator that led up to the gods' home, but she was using this time to think. Her dream was about to come true. She would finally be in the spotlight after years of being in the dark. She would finally be able to create something. A pretty foreign concept to the Primordial of Destruction.

The buildings around her stretched toward the sky. Some were made of glass and metal and others of brick and stone. Some were towering and some were small. Each was made by humankind, yet each differed from the others. It fascinated Order. She had always been interested in architecture, yet she was told from a young age she could never achieve such. She was told she was made to destroy things. Made to destroy life.

She had turned bitter, angry. She turned into just the thing her family had feared. Evil. Villainous. She began to push everyone away. Her father, her siblings. She began trying to embrace her powers of Destruction. And then End found her. Her beloved younger brother. He had similar powers, made to contain the destruction Order would cause. He understood her hostility, he felt some of it too.

And, slowly, he began to turn, too. End began to push everybody but Order away. The two grew close, becoming the only one the other could confide in. Things went downhill from there. They had begun asking themselves how they could create something. They tried making things, tried making the plants that their siblings Void and Chaos could conjure so easily. It always backfired, instead of the flowers that they sought to make, they made fires. Fires of all different colors; purples, blues, reds. They made the ground break open into ravines that dug into the cores of the planets they habituated themselves on. But never flowers, never a sign of life sprouted from their powers.

Kosmos liked to play favorites. He always had. And that infuriated the two. Have you seen the kinds of things your siblings have made today? Their father would ask them, pride in his eyes. They wanted that pride when Kosmos talked about them. But that was never the case. It was always; Another fire? Do you not understand that you are killing things? He didn't understand. He loved making things, creating new things. And Order and End were the exact opposite of that.

One day, they had had enough. They had tolerated his verbal abuse for too long. They snapped. They attacked. For years, the war went on between the two sides. They had managed to take down their father, but in doing so they also became vulnerable. So much power they had put into taking down their father, that they were left helpless and exposed in the hands of their eldest siblings. Maybe, they had thought. Maybe they saw Kosmos in his true state, too.