Chapter 19 - A Light In The Dark

An explosion rocked the earth, people stumbled and children screamed. Ash was raining down from the sky as people rushed from there seats, all attempting to exit the stadium at once. Julia was attempting to order some of the Legionnaires to get into format, though only some responded to authority. The Campers were only responding to their instincts,  and their instincts told them to run. Theron cursed, he should have known that this would be the perfect time for the enemy to attack. There were always spies, traitors, and rebels in a war, it was just how things were.

Wings sprang from the assassin's back as he launched himself into the air, attempting to get a look at the invaders. He wished he hadn't. The Camp was severely outnumbered, even with the reinforcements of both Camp Jupiter and the Hunters. An army of at least ten thousand monsters was approaching, and fast. Two Titans and a Giant also aided the enemy, furtherly crushing the hope that they could win the battle. Theron attempted to open the mind link shared between him and Chaos, no luck. Something must have been blocking him. This was not good, now there was no reinforcement from Chaos that could be sent to aid them in battle.

Theron summoned Vortex and his armor before flying down and approaching the advancing army. As he approached, he could recognize the Titans as Koios and Perses. The Giant, who signaled the army to halt, stepped forward.

"Who are you and what business do you have here?" the Giant bellowed, attempting to scare the cloaked person.

"I am Theron, and I have been sent to protect Camp Half-Blood. Surrender now, and you might survive," the Commander stated, sounding anything but scared.

The Giant laughed, "Foolish mortal! Do you believe that you can defeat me and my half brothers? I am Orion! The bane of Artemis and Apollo, you shall perish. Step aside and your death will be merciful,"

"Than you leave me no choice," the assassin sighed sadly.

Theron charged, causing Orion to stumble. He obviously did not expect the "foolish mortal" to charge him. He raised his bow, barely blocking the attack that was delivered by Theron. The Commander attempted to push the Giant back, but Orion was strong. He was born to oppose two Olympians, not one. Theron used the Giant's strength to his advantage, abruptly pulling back and causing Orion to stumble forwards. Theron jumped back before quickly plating a kick to the Giants' chest, making him fall backward. He raised Vortex and slashed his sword at Orion's face, disabling one of his mechanical eyes and drawing a deep cut against the Giant's face. He howled in pain.

"Gah! You insufferable mortal, for that, I will make sure your death is slow and agonizing! Accept your fate and maybe I will give you mercy!" he roared.

"I would take a chance to be alive over death any day of the week, cyborg," Theron retorted, further angering the Giant.

"Orion," a female voice greeted, "How nice it is to see you again,"

Theron looked back, Artemis was standing there, bow in hand. The Commander never should have taken his eyes off of the Giant, as a large swing from Orion's bow sent him flying into a tree where he could feel one or two of his ribs break from the impact. Ignoring the pain, Theron stood back up and charged the Giant, Artemis right behind him. He baseball slid underneath the giant and stabbed him in the kneecap, making his leg buckle under the weight he could no longer support. Artemis provided cover fire, raining silver arrows that managed to find there way into the Giant's chinks of armor. Orion swung his bow again, aiming for Theron. He jumped out of the way, but now before the bane of Artemis knicked him in the leg with his bow. He felt the break immediately, this would make things a lot more difficult. He connected his mind with Medic's.

Medic? Are you busy? Theron asked, attempting not to sound too hurt.

Not currently, why? Did something happen? Medic replied.

I may or may not have broken my leg and a few ribs... 

How did you manage to do that?!

Orion.

I'll be right over.

Thanks, Medic.

Theron disconnected the Mind Link and summoned his bow. Artemis and Orion were in a duel, neither one gaining the upper hand. He heard the beating of footsteps and looked up to see Medic racing towards him.

"Holy Hera, Theron," Medic exclaimed, "That's a bad break, you have two broken ribs as well as a fractured leg,"

Theron snorted, "Yeah, I haven't noticed. Any way to heal me up quickly?"

Medic held out his hands which started glowing a golden color, "This may feel a little weird," he warned, before placing his hands on Theron's chest.

It felt like his bones were moving on their own, snapping themselves back in place. It feeling weird was a major understatement. After getting over the nauseating feeling Theron felt, he stood up and tested his limbs, he no longer felt any pain coming from them, which was a good sign.

"Thanks, Medic," Theron said, "You can go help out the Apollo Campers,"

The Commander nodded before running off to help other people in need of medical assistance.

A cry of pain was heard from the duel between Artemis and Orion. Theron quickly turned to see Artemis on the ground, holding an arrow that was lodged in her left shoulder and pinned to a tree. Orion was about to launch an arrow at Artemis that would most definitely send her to Tartarus to reform when Orion gasped and stared down at his stomach in disbelief.

"Not today, Cyborg," Theron retorted, Vortex impaled in the Giant's stomach. Suddenly, an arrow whizzed by Theron's head and hit Orion between the eyes, a few feet away stood Apollo with his bow, still pointing at the dissolving Giant.

"Not my sister you bitch," he growled. He then quickly rushed over to Artemis and carefully pulled the arrow out of her shoulder. Apollo placed his hand an inch above the wound and muttered something quietly in Greek. A bright light erupted from his hand, he removed it after a few seconds and the wound was gone.

"Thank you, Apollo," Artemis replied, stretching her newly healed shoulder. The peace only lasted so long when Theron was approached by one of the Titans.

"You may have defeated my half-brother, mortal," Perses snarled, "But I doubt you can destroy the Titan of Destruction,"

Before Perses could bloat any more, a ship descended and landed directly on top of the Titan, instantly turning him to dust. The ship was large and crushed several other monsters that were close to the Titan of Destruction. The door flung open to reveal Queen Nebula, dressed in full battle armor with a small army of Titanopians behind her.

"Hey, Theron," she greeted casually, "Is it too late to join the party?"

A/N: 

Words: 1,152

Published: July 11th, 2019