Chapter 16 - If Only They Knew

Theron pulled back from the hug with his sister.

If only she knew.

They both turned and walked towards Thalia's Tree in comfortable silence. When they reached the borders, Cohorts 3, 4 and 5 were standing ready, there was a person who seemed to be leading the cohorts, most likely praetor. The praetor was female, she had raven-black hair that cascaded past her shoulders and stopped at the middle of her back. The demigod had green, stormy eyes that looked like they held a hurricane of power. Her purple cape blew in the wind as she directed the Cohorts with power, her Eagle medal glimmered in the sunlight.

Theron scanned the crowd of demigods, looking for a familiar face. Eventually, he spotted Mercy talking with some of the other Commanders and a girl. A single braid held her black hair that ran down and fell over her right shoulder. Her onyx-black eyes were calculating, but they held some warmth and humor to them.

Reyna.

Just what Theron needed, more people from his past to remind him of the worst days in his life. He walked towards Mercy and the other Commanders.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear!" Mercy exclaimed, grinning under his cloak, "There you are. We were just talking about you,"

Theron nodded and turned towards Reyna, she wasn't wearing her signature purple cape that signified her praetorship, "And who are you, Miss...?"

Reyna stepped forwards and extended a hand, "Reyna Ramírez-Arellano, Daughter of Bellona, Appointed Pontifex Maximus by Lord Jupiter. You must be Theron?"

Theron firmly shook the daughter of Bellona's hand, "Indeed I am, it will be a pleasure working with you," he said coolly.

Theron turned back towards the Roman Cohorts that were filing into camp. It was good that they had reinforcements now, it would make exterminating any threats quicker and safer. His eyes once again returned to the young praetor. She looked to be no older than 16, and she was already leading a whole Legion.

"You looking at the praetor?" Reyna stood next to Theron, both of them overlooking the marching ranks of the Romans.

"Yeah,"

"That's Julia Riverwound, Daughter of Neptune. She's a good leader," Reyna stated, her eyes twinkling with pride.

"You know her personally?" he asked, still looking at Julia.

"Yeah, she comes to me sometimes when she needs advice for leading. It can get overwhelming at times,"

"I bet,"

Julia finished directing the Cohorts into camp, they were now off to build their own tiny camp off near the woods. It would only take a few hours, seeing as three of the five Cohorts were present. She scanned the crowd and when her eyes landed on Reyna, they visibly brightened. The young girl came running over.

"Hey Reyna," Julia said looking in between the Pontifex Maximus and cloaked figure.

"You did great, Julia. This is Theron. He and a few others will be staying at Camp Half-Blood to help with the war," 

Theron extended a hand to shake with the daughter of Neptune. She stared at it for a second before giving the extended hand a high five.

Reyna snorted and was having trouble stifling her laughter. Theron stood there, stunned before he started chuckling. The chuckling soon turned to full-blown laughter until both Reyna and Theron were rolling on the ground, struggling to breathe from all the laughter. Julia just stood there, beat red and confused.

"On my gods," Theron said, standing back up, "I haven't laughed like that in ages, thanks Julia,"

"Uh... you're welcome?" she replied, still confused.