A grand gesture.

Your phone rang, it was (best friend). You dried your tears and answered the phone.

    “Hey. (bff/n).”

    “Uh oh. What happened?”

    “Nothing.”

    “Something happened, you better tell me now unless you want me to light up your phone with texts.”

    “My boss and I…got into an argument just now.”

    “What did that jerk say to you?”

    “He’s not a jerk. He is just stressed out right now. I just happened to be in the line of fire when he blew up.”

    “That’s no excuse to take it out on a sweetie like you.”

    “Yeah, I know. I told him that. I told him a lot of things. It looks like I’ll be coming home again soon.”

    “Did he fire you?”

    “No, but I am afraid he might in the morning.”

    “I wish I was there to give you a big hug. It sounds like you need it really bad.”

    “That is okay. I did what I thought was right so I am not as angry as I should be with him.”

    “Well, you go and give yourself a facial and soak in a bath. You deserve it tonight.”

    You sighed at the thought of it, “I wish I could do that right now, but I have to get to bed just incase he doesn’t want to get rid of me.”

    “Alright, Good luck tomorrow.”

    “Thanks.” You hung up the phone and went to bed.

Tom didn’t sleep at all that night, He sat at the bottom of the stairs  listening to your conversation with your friend. He felt horrible yelling at you, He knew that you didn’t deserve it.

    The morning came and you heard a knock on the door. It was an eager knock that didn’t stop until you answered it,     “What is it, Tom? I don’t work until seven in the morning.” You crossed your arms and narrowed your (e/c) eyes at him. Tom looked a bit submissive, he deserved to be scowled at, “I just wanted to apologize for last night. You were absolutely right about everything.”

    “Is that all? Because I would like to sleep a bit more.”

    “I know I might never be forgiven but, after a big mistake like that deserves a grand gesture.” Tom moved aside to show who he had been hiding behind him.

    “I don’t think you are going to get fired any time soon.” Your best friend said giving you a hug.

    “OH MY GOODNESS!” You shouted hugging your best friend as if holding on for dear life. Tom stood back and smiled at your priceless face. You looked up at him, still hugging your bestie, “Thank you, Tom.”

    “You’re welcome.” Tom had a look of peace on his face for the first time since you landed in England.

    “How did you know who to contact?”

    “Well, You aren’t the only one that likes to eavesdrop on a conversation. We are even.” Tom winked at you.

    “He called me on your phone and arranged a plane for me so I could come see you. You were right, you have a sweet boss.”

    “Aw, you called me sweet?” he asked.

    “I only tell the truth.”

Tom looked at you both seeing how close you were to each other. “Well, ladies. I have another surprise for you both. I have the premiere of Crimson Peak to go to tonight, would you two lovely ladies like to accompany me?”

    Your mouths dropped open in utter shock. “We have no dresses or anything.” You stated. Tom chuckled to himself, “Ladies, let me take care of that. Write down your dress sizes-”

    “Whoa cowboy-”

    “You don’t have to put your names on it. Today is the day I get to treat you.” Tom looked over to your friend as well. “And you.”

    “Alright, we will be back down after we are settled.” You said gazing at him gratefully.

    “I’ll be waiting.” Tom trotted down the steps and left you two alone for a while. You and your friend squealed in excitement and closed the door behind you.

    “This place is gorgeous. He did all this for you?”

    “Yes, isn’t it amazing.”

Tom had walked into his bedroom to get ready when he felt something brush up against his leg, “Hello little fellow.” he stooped down to see little Loki sliding in between his legs.

    “Where did you come from?” he picked up the fur ball and Loki looked up at him with his jade green eyes.     “You are adorable.” Loki chirped and jumped out of his arms, leading him back upstairs, “There you are Loki.” You picked him up and cuddled him close.

    “You named the cat after Loki. How cute.”

You jumped and your friend laughed at your reaction.    

        “It fits him perfectly.”

    “I think it fits him as well.” Tom said patting the kitten on the head. “So, do you have your sizes written down? We don’t have to leave until tonight so you and (bff/n) can walk around if you like.”

    “Will do.” You handed him the note pad with the sizes written upon it. “shouldn’t we come with you? wouldn’t it be easier?”

    “Nope. Like I said, I am treating both of you tonight.”

    “Okay, my favorite color is purple, just to let you know.” your friend chimed in. Tom laughed at her remark. He didn’t mind, he was actually enjoying both of your company.

    “And what about you, (y/n)?”

    “I like to wear, (f/c).” You blushed a bit.

Tom wrote it down on the pad and tapped the pen on the paper, “I will get to it. Have fun girls.”

    “Bye.” You chimed in with your best friend. Tom left the room laughing and you both looked at each other in disbelief.