Oxford.

A few weeks had passed and you started to look into a few schools, you had already sent a letter of recommendation a while back to Oxford and an essay they required for admission. You didn’t ask for Tom’s help, you wanted to see if you could do this on your own. Tom didn’t protest, he admired your ambition.
    “How is the admissions essay going?” he asked looking over your shoulder. You were now typing an essay for Cambridge, not your favorite choice in a top school but you loved the curriculum plan. You gripped your scalp in frustration. “Terrible!” you whined. “I don’t know if they will like what I write.” Tom lowered your arms to your sides and massaged your shoulders,     “Don’t stress, love. Everything will be fine.”
You sighed as you felt the tension leave your body. Tom kissed your neck and you shivered, you felt him smile against your neck pleased with your reaction, “Babe, stop.” you said dismissively.
    “You have been typing for five days, you have been up all night and you haven’t eaten properly. You need a break, you never set foot outside this house.” Tom worried.
    “The last thing I need is a break. Not when I am almost done with this essay.”
    “That is what you said five days ago.”
    Tom huffed, a bit agitated by your stubbornness and lifted you up off of the chair. “Tom! What are you doing?” you scolded, fighting his grip as he plopped you on the couch. “I’m making you take a break. You are going to rest, I’m making you a great lunch and then I’m sending you off to a spa. I hate seeing you like this and you’re going to rest whether you like it or not!”
    You burst out laughing, even when he was upset with you, he was still sweet. “What?”
    “Nothing. You’re punishing me with food, rest and a spa day. I learned my lesson.” you giggled.
    “I hope you remember this next time you decide to do something like this.” Tom’s stern face curved into a smile as he cuddle tackled you to the couch. He held you tightly and kissed your face and neck until you were reduced to fits of squeals and laughter, “What’s wrong?” he teased. You didn’t answer his silly question, you just let the laughter die down and looked up at him.
    “My Tom takes good care of me.”
    “Of course. You are my precious little creature.”
    “And you are my scruffy little Tom cat.” you said running your hands through his hair.
    “Scruffy? Why am I scruffy?”
    Loki hopped up on the couch, creeping up Tom’s back and peered over his shoulder, “Hello little Loki.” you laughed. Loki meowed in response, “This cat is brilliantly smart.” Tom said as he let his cat leap off of his shoulder onto the arm of the couch.
    “I think Loki wants to cuddle too.”
    “Too bad. Mom and Dad are cuddling right now.” Tom playfully scowled at the cat. Loki responded batting his paw at Tom’s nose.
    “BAHAHAHA!” you burst out laughing.
    “I just got bitch slapped by a cat.” Tom said making you laugh harder. You shook your head, “No babe, you just got pussy whipped!” Tom started laughing with you and pushed himself off of the couch.
    “What do you want for lunch my love?” he asked.
    “(fav food). Please, my dear and sweet scruffy Tom.” you batted your eye lashes at him. Tom pointed a finger at you wanting to make an argument about your remark but decided to leave it. “Thank you baby.”
    “You’re welcome.” he said in a feminine voice, mocking you. You looked over at Loki who stared at you with his green jewels, “good boy.” you whispered, petting the cat under the chin.
    “I heard that!” Tom said from the kitchen.
You laughed and cuddled Loki to your chest, sending him purring like crazy. Tom had laid your food out on the coffee table with a cold glass of your favorite drink.
    Tom looked at you with concern, “Eat, my dear. You look like a twig.”
    “Says the man who is as tall as a tree.”
    “Very funny.” Tom then gestured to your food and you exhaled. You weren’t hungry, “You will eat this, even if I have to shove it down your throat.”
    “Thomas!” You chuckled. “I’ll try. I still feel a bit queasy.” you said holding your stomach.
    “That is because you haven’t been eating properly. You have been worried so much about feeding your mind that you have neglected to feed your body…Open.” Tom took a spoonful of your food and placed it in your mouth and then handing you the spoon once you finished your bite.
    “Fine.” you said taking another bite.
    “I did make this out of love, do you honestly think I would let you leave the love there on the table?”
    “What a poet you are my dear.”
The mail had been dropped off and Tom picked it up off the floor where it had landed from the mail slot.
    “Did my acceptance letter come yet?”
    “Yes.” Tom said flipping through the mail. You immediately stood up from the couch and rushed to see what the letter said. Tom stuffed the letter in his pocket,     “Not now.” He said. “You can relax a bit more before you open this. Now go upstairs and get dressed, I’m taking you to the spa.”
    “You’re the boss.” you stated a little disappointed. You marched upstairs and threw on a green top and blue jeans with black flats. You braided your (hc/hl) and headed back downstairs.