Y/N's First Day Of School

Hai Author here, just a quick warning that this story is really cringy and I noticed all of you disliked how there are Japenese words mixed with English, just ignore that please...I was 11-12 that time, I'm just doing what I like to do before :|

Driiinnnn......Driiinnnn....Drinnnn...

I groaned and turned off my alarm clock. Oh right, let me introduce myself. My name's Y/N L/N, 16 years old, a transfer student on Kamiyama High. Exciting isn't it? Finally studying to the school where my friend is there. Mayaka Ibara, same age as I am, she has short sepia-brown coloured hair, cut just below her ears with her bangs cut above her eyebrows. A volunteer school librarian, joined in a Manga Club and Classics Club. I even wondered why is there a Classics club anyway. I live alone in Japan because my parents has business in another country. So I always make myself some breakfast and leave the house without saying goodbye to anyone. I head my way to Kamiyama High and saw Ibara waiting for me in the entrance.

"Ibara!" I said greeting my friend with a tight hug.

"N/N!" Ibara hugged back but hers was more tighter that I ran out of air to breathe. Ibara let go "Sorry about that, It's just that I'm so glad to see you again!"

I chuckled "Me too". Ibara took something out on her bag and gave me a book that says 'Schedule'

"Arigato!" It means thank you and I took my schedule and let her give me a tour of the school.

"Do you want to meet my friends? They're actually in the Classics Club" Ibara said. I nodded, of course, I'm new and I need new friends. So I followed her way to the club.

"Ohayo!" It means Good Morning or the formal word 'Ohayo Gozaimasu'. Ibara greeted as she opened the door revealing three students, probably the same age as I and Ibara. One girl and two boys. Ibara take a seat next to a boy that has field-drab brown colour short spiky hair that is cut to show all of his face. Eyes are smokey-topaz brown in colour.

"Meet Satoshi Fukube, My friend since middle school" Ibara pointed at him. I greeted him with a smile

Ibara also introduce Chitanda Eru and Oreki Hōtarō/Houtarou. Chitanda has mid-back length straight black hair that she sometimes wears in a rough high ponytail. Her bangs are cut straight across her forehead, just above her eyes. Chitanda's eyes are indigo-purple and are considered rather large; they tend to sparkle when intrigued and Oreki has unruly short taupe-brown coloured hair, with bangs that reach just below his eyes. Houtarou's eyes are asparagus-green in colour. I kinda did thought that they seem like siblings but I was mistaken.

Chitanda is the President of this club, The club seems a little fun with Satoshi telling stories that one day, he drew faces at Oreki's face with a marker while Oreki was sleeping, Ibara said she also joined the fun and Chitanda only giggled. No wonder why Oreki said he was frenemies with him.

Chitanda also told stories that Oreki solves mysteries about why Chitanda was locked in the room, about what is the meaning of 'Hyouka'and many more.

"It's just luck, I only joined here because Chitanda wants to solve more mysteries" Oreki said, eyes on the book he was reading.

I stared at him for 5 seconds, Maybe I can have a chance to be friends with someone who I have the same interests! I also love solving mysteries. He looked at me.

"Y/N, why are you staring at that idiot?" Ibara said glaring at him. Oreki only responds with a mhm.

"Oh nothing, gomen-nasai Oreki-San for staring" and that means 'I'm sorry'. Oreki just continued reading and I joined the conversation with the three.

So much for talking, the bell rang telling it's class time. "Sayonara!" All of us said. Which means goodbye. We separate our ways to our classrooms.

After school, I came back to the club enjoying too much. That's when I decided I like to join the club. Chitanda looks very happy for another member to join. Ibara went back home early. Satoshi was going to have some time at the cafe and Chitanda told me she has to go too which means it only leaves Oreki and I. Probably I'll have a chance too.

I followed Oreki behind him while he take his bicycle. He looked at me directly in the eyes.

"Why are you following me?" He asked hoping I should leave.

"I want to know you more!" I said abruptly. He seems to have a shock face "Chitanda told me about the stories that you solve mysteries and I love solving them too, maybe we can be friends?" I said. Now I feel awkward now.

"Uhm sure I guess, but I already told you, It's just luck-" I interrupted him

"It's no luck Oreki! It's a talent!" I said folding my arms. He didn't seem to bother about it.

He started to leave when he noticed me still standing behind him. "Are you gonna walk?" He asked.

I blinked at him "I think so, I can't follow while you're riding that! It's more faster than me" I said

Oreki was thinking about letting her come with him but he doesn't like her grabbing his waist or him seating like a loner or something.

"Alright then, Sayonara" He said and rode off. I watched him for a few seconds and went home too.

At night, I fell in my bed thinking that my year will be awesome. I can be Oreki's sidekick when It's solving mysteries! But how did my thoughts came to him. I could not be possibly in love at first sight! I pushed my pillow away using my feet and hugged my other pillow trying to sleep but I can't. I think my excitement made me not sleep at all just like yesterday. So I get some warm milk, stir it and drink it. It made me way easier to sleep now and also don't blame me but I'm used to counting sheep in bed time. And finally I'm asleep...Zzzzzzzz...