First Moment

-Back To School-

"Noooo! Sunday ended and I'm going back to school again" I said groaning in my bed never ever in a million years will get up.

"Stop being a whiney and be mature!" My cousin said and dragged me off the bed, I can taste the cold hard floor. Disgusting.

"Fine, I'll get up! Just stop doing that or it will be your habit!" I said brushing dirt off my pajamas.

"It's a good thing I woke up early and cook breakfast for you, you should at least thank me for being the most responsible cousin you ever met in your whole life" She said giving me the poker face.

"Thank you so much my responsible cousin" I said sarcastically at her and went downstairs.

I ate my breakfast, always do the daily routine and went to school.

Then, suddenly I forgot something...

"Nani! I forgot to do my Math Homework!!!" I said causing students looking at me. I rushed upstairs through my classroom and suddenly I crashed into someone.

"Are you always clumsy!?"

I remembered that voice, I looked up and saw Oreki in the ground fixing his stuff that fell off in his bag. I got up immediately and touched my chest, I felt butterflies in my stomach already. What is this feeling?

He got up but I sprinted away already to my classroom. Slammed the notebook and do equations and anything that is related in Math!

-After Class-

Ibara went to lunch with Chitanda and Satoshi. She doesn't even know why did she invite Oreki also.

"Itadakimasu!" Chitanda said and started eating her bento.

"I haven't seen Y/N in the morning and in free time, Is she sick?" I asked them trio.

"She came but she avoided me" Oreki said glancing at the sky.

"Aw, did Oreki felt sad when Y/N-San ignored her?" Satoshi said.

"Should I go and check her right after I finished eating my lunch?" Ibara asked.

"I'll come with you" Chitanda said stuffed. Ibara smiled and started eating her lunch.

After that, Ibara and Chitanda started their quest finding Y/N. They asked questions from others but no sign. They looked at her classroom and saw her sleeping with her notebook open and pen lying down the floor.

"Y/N -San!" Ibara shouted. Y/N opened her eyes and straighten up.

"Ibara-San? Chi-Chan? What are you guys doing here?" Y/N asked.

"Don't tell me you've slept the whole class without sensei waking you up!?" Ibara said.

"Wait, I slept in class?" Y/N asked.

Both of them face palmed. "Yes! You haven't eaten lunch too!" Ibara said. Y/N widen her eyes and checked the time.

"How did I sleep this long!?" Y/N said "Is it Club Time already?" She asked twice.

"It's Sanity time, 20 minutes, it will be club time" Ibara said. Y/N sighed in relief and took the deck brush and started cleaning.

"We will wait for you in the room, we already finished cleaning our classroom" Ibara said and head off with Chitanda.

---
I went to the club and opened the door meeting my friends.

"Kon Ni Chi Wa" I said and sat to my seat. "Is there anything to do today?" I asked.

"Tell me why are you avoiding our poor sweet Oreki" Satoshi said.

"It's not like it's important" Oreki said still facing at his book.

"Oh, I wasn't avoiding you..." I said. Satoshi chuckled, Oreki grumbled, Chitanda giggled.

"Wait, I think I misunderstood you, gomenasai" Oreki said and bowed.

My stomach grumbled loudly. Everyone looked at me and I hid myself embarrassed.

Oreki rise from his seat "C'mon I'll go with you since you're hungry" He said.

"I'm fine with myself!" I said and rushed through the door.

I went to the vending machine and bought a cola only. I don't have that much money to spend.
I sat on a nearby bench opening my drink.

"I think you should eat this first" Oreki said appearing with a bento in his hand.

"How did you get that?" I asked

"It's mine, I didn't ate it" He said

"No no no no! It's bad to make a stomach empty! You should!" I said

He sighed and sat next to me "what about sharing?" He asked.

That made me more nervous. I don't want to tell him the reason why so I just agreed. Besides, I left my lunch in the kitchen...

Lucky me, I have brought my chopsticks. While eating, I have finished already and Oreki get the last bite of his food.

"Arigato Gozaimasu!" I said to Oreki and drank my cola.

"Uh Y/N" Oreki said. "That's my cola that I have already drink." He said.

I stopped drinking and give it back to him more embarrassed. Don't tell me I just have my indirect kiss with him!?

"Gomenasai, Gomenasai, Gomenasai!!!!" I said covering my face.

"It's fine, you can have mine and I will have yours" He said drinking MY cola while I cleaned up Oreki's with my handkerchief.

"We should go back" Oreki said.

Walking past the classrooms, me and Oreki have been awfully quiet. I can't stand him being so quiet like he has no friends.

When my gaze fixed up, I saw two boys in a jersey sprinting towards our direction while a teacher was chasing them. The student was about to hit me with a ball when Oreki pinned me on the wall dodging the ball.

"Sorry!" The student said and ran off with the other.

"Arigato-" I said but stopped when my face was close to his. I blushed crimson red and pushed him away getting flustered.

"Gomenasai, The ball almost hit your face" Oreki said looking away.

"Let's go" I said and walk fast past him. I opened the door and sat on my seat. The others just stared confusingly at me. Oreki arrived and sat next to me.

"Did something happen?" Satoshi asked but neither Oreki and I respond.

Chitanda discuss me about the Classics Club history and the meaning of 'Hyouka'. I've learned some of it.

"I'll be going now, Sayonara!" Ibara said and left, Satoshi left too. Oh please don't tell me...

"I'm gonna go too!" Chitanda said. I grabbed her wrist and she looks at me. "What is it?"

"Can I come with you?" I asked. Her eyes brighten and nodded.

When Chitanda went to get something. I looked at the lonely Oreki sitting while reading. He saw me looking at him and I gulped.

"Sayonara soshite Arigato Oreki-San" I smiled and bowed leaving him in the room alone.

---

No one knew Oreki smiled back