Birthday Remembered

Shreya's POV

The IPL was going on. The TV was proving it. It was Delhi and Bangalore against each other. Shrishti must be glued to the TV because her Rishabh Pant was playing. I was studying in my room. I was missing Kl so bad. It's been just two weeks he had left. We talk most of the days when our timings match.

Today was one of those days when it didn't match. We did not talk even for a minute today.

Today I came a little late from the hospital too or else I  would not have been studying so lately. Keeping awake late at night is the last thing I would want to do .

I could not keep my eyes open anymore. I saw the time. It was five minutes to twelve. I yawned and closed my book. I could not study any more. I went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

I opened the fridge. Took out the nearest water bottle. As soon as I kept the bottle on the kitchen slab to close the door of the fridge there was a loud shout.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" I was very afraid of loud noises and moreover this literally gave me a heart attack.

I turned around. I saw Shrishti and Tanisha with a big cake and some balloons.

Balloons? Seriously!

Shrishti came and hugged me. Tanisha was huffing.

"Sorry...we are a minute late..there was lots of work in the hospital" Tanisha replied. Yeah she had to go on a late night emergency.

I smiled.

"Let's cut the cake!" Shrishti said. I looked at her. It was like today was her birthday.

"Thank you guys" I told them.

"Aur ek thank you boli toh ghar see bahar nikaal dungi!" ( If you say thanks once more I will kick you out of my house!) Tanisha replied.

I took the knife and was going to cut the cake when Shrishti made me wear one of the birthday caps. I looked at her.

"Cut the cake or I will eat it whole" she said. I turned to the cake and blew the candles which said that I am now twenty four.

Just as I blew the candles Shrishti started singing.

"Happy birthday to you
You were born in the zoo
With the monkeys and the donkeys
And the elephants like you!"

I glared at her. How dare she call me an elephant?!

Wait sis...I have other plans for you!

I cut a slice and took it near her. Pretending to feed her the first piece as soon as she opened her mouth to have it I fed it to Tanisha. Who almost choked with the sudden action.

Shrishti frowned.

"Not fair!" She complained. I smirked.

"Tere liye main haati Hoon to mere liye tu hippo Hain...cake mein bohot calories hoti Hain...aur khaygi toh hot air balloon ban jaygi" ( If you think I am an elephant...I think you are a hippo...cake has lots of calories...if you eat more you will turn into a hot air balloon)  I answered cutting a slice and eating it. She put her hands on her hips giving me a headmistress type of look. I stick out my tongue at her.

"And if you eat this heavy chocolate cake then you may also have cavities" Tanisha tried to apply her dentistry on her . I laughed. We shared a hi five. This time Shrishti was completely alone.