Decisions

Rahul's POV

I woke up when the sunlight hit my eyes. It was the breezy morning of Paris but I was not in my hotel! Where was I?

I looked around to see Shreya sleeping beside me . We had no clothing on..just a sheet covered us. I closed my eyes with regret about last night. Shit! How did I do that?

I felt her shift and wrap her hands around my shoulders unintentionally. I looked at her again. Her face was looking so calm and serene when she slept. But I know when it would come to face the the reality all the happiness will be wiped off from her face. I carressed her cheek with my thumb and she smiled at me touch.

I felt a pang of guilt in my chest as her grip around my shoulders became stronger. I had given her so many expectations. I had promised her so many things but I could not convert them. I broke her heart. I literally did. I had promised I would never treat her like Shruti, but I failed. Why do I always fail in relationships? Why is that I always have to choose between two very close ones? Why?

I felt her breathe against me as she drew closer. Her body touched mine and it made shiver run down my spine. How am I gonna survive like this?

I withdrew my hand from her cheek and slightly released myself from her grip and shook her a little to wake her up. I honestly did not want to introduce her again to the complexity of the situation but I could not leave her here like this and go. 

She moaned a little and turned the other side clutching the sheets tightly against her.

I shook her again to wake her up but it was in vain. She would slap away my hand. I at last spoke up.

"Shreya, wake up" I said. My voice was hoarse and raspy. She furrowed her eyebrows her ears catching on my voice . She half turned towards me rubbing her eyes. I spoke again

"Come on get up...it's me" I said. I was at a loss of words and that was the least I could come up with. She opened her eyes which were still with full of sleep and blinked them to see me clearly. She looked at me. Her eyes meeting mine. Her eyebrows were still furrowed. That look literally knocked me off.

After two to three minutes she suddenly jumped awake, what I had expected and asked.
"What are you doing here?!"

I sighed. I knew she would say like this. But I gave her time to read the situation and understand it.

And immediately she burried her face in her hands and shook her head vigorously. I sighed. That was supposed to happen.

"I slept with you last night! Shit!" She said and cursed under her breath. I didn't know what to do. How to console her.

"Let's..not..talk about this, what's over is over...we are over" she looked at me when I mentioned this. She gave me an intense glare. Only I knew how I was able to survive that and speak further.

"Just that...please don't come to Bangalore...I won't be able to marry your best friend in front of you" my hands were crumbling the bedsheets and she was still looking at me without replying.

"And why would I work on your orders?" She asked. For a moment I was bewildered what was trying to say?

"If you can be my boyfriend...I mean ex-boyfriend.." she air quoted the word. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Just to hide the guilt.

"Then Tanisha is my best friend...and for me  friendship comes  before any relationship..." She added. The kind of adament girl she was talking to her about this matter was wastage of time. I got up of from my place and grabbed my T-shirt.