Meer

Shreya's POV

I looked at Kl's horrifying expression and smirked. Two can play this game Mr Rahul. And unluckily your opponent is me.

"Wait wait wait! You are moving with him?! Who is he to you?! Jiju part two?" Shrishti asked. She was hyper active . It made me laugh. No not at all. I looked at Meer. His features were good at par with Rahul...he can be dated.

"Sorry Shri...I can't stay...the place where I would work is far away from here so...you know" I said as casually as possible.

"Where do you work?" This wasn't the question coming from any of my friends it was....

"Why does it concern you Jiju?" I asked. Our eyes locking. I saw him wince as I uttered the last word.

"Just asking" he said and broke the eye contact. I sighed.

"Well then I should be leaving, Shreya has come after a long time spend some time with her" Kl said and was going to take his leave but I stopped him.

"You can stay her Jiju...after all you are marrying our Tanisha, you are family" I said. His hands balled into fists. Trust me, I did not want to do this but he was now getting on my nerves. I can't get him break my heart a hundred times and then just tolerate it silently.

Meer looked between both of us, he was utterly confused. I caught his hand and pulled him inside

"Don't stand there Meer, sorry, this is Kl Rahul, the Indian vice-captain and my...." My head wandered around hundred words till I came up with a suitable one.

"Uh..I mean... Tanisha's fiance" I introduced. Meer gave a smile.

"I apologise, been in USA for seven years know nothing about  cricket " he said. KL gave a fake smile and shook  hands with him. His eyes were not leaving mine for a second.

"Guys just a minute! Why are you moving in with him Shreya?! We are here isn't it?" She asked. I could see the desperateness in Shrishti's eyes. She really wanted me to be there. But if I stayed with Tanisha then I would die out of guilt.

"I already explained this to you...Shrishti" I said and hugged her. I took my suitcase ready to leave.

"I will be leaving now, it's been late" I said.

I must have said this a hundred time in the last five minutes but I couldn't execute my words yet.

"Shreya...let's leave" Meer said . I nodded at him. Gave my friends one last hug and looked at Kl. We had an eye to eye conversation and I left with Meer. The tension and awkwardness of the situation had become so dense that even a knife could cut through it.

I gave a deep sigh of relief when we came out and I looked at Meer cheerfully.

"Toh kaise ho aap?" ( How are you?) I asked.

"First Class" he said and showed a thumbs up to indicate it. I gave a chuckle.

"So that is the guy...Kl Rahul?" He asked. I nodded. He knew everything about me and Kl. Yes, everything. I am very free to him.

"Let me hold it for you" he said . I gave my backpack to him as we head to his car. My mood was completely spoilt. After all I can't see Kl sad, my minus point I know but still. 

"Mind if I ask something while we head home?"he asked. I laughed at the childish way he was seeking my permission.

"Why would I mind?" I asked. Actually I did mind but...anything for Meer.