2

"Oh, uh I just came to ask about cotillion. I was told about it by my roommate," I lied.

"Oh, well it's a party thrown on a boat in celebration of me being crowned. There's not really a dress code but look nice, formal I guess, um."

"Do you have to have a date?"

"Um, no, but I'm sure someone will ask you."

"I wasn't trying to say that I wouldn't get asked I uh-"

"I get it, just worried because you're new."

"No I'm no worried, i just overheard your-"

"You listened in, it's fine you don't have to lie."

"I'm sorry."

This was going bad, quickly

"It's fine really, we were pretty loud anyway, guess that's the beast in us."

I rubbed the back if my neck and let out an awkward laugh.

"Is that a snowflake on your desk?"

I rushed forward towards his desk to see.

"Oh, yeah it was given to my father by..."

"Elsa," I finished for him,"You don't have to tiptoe around me, I'm not going to lash out."

I said looking towards him hoping he'd understand.

"I didn't mean to tiptoe, it's just come VK's respond differently."

"Yeah," I reached up to touch his hair.

The position we were in made it easy and quick. I ripped one out. He flinched at my movement.

"Sorry, lint."

I blew away fake lint in my hand.

"Uh thanks."

"Ok, well that's all I needed."

I left his office quickly and clearly embarrassed. I grabbed a vile from my purse and put the few hairs in it. I closed it then put it in my bag. I went to the kitchen and pulled out my book. I started mixing batter and covered my book when someone came in. Mal.

"What're you doing in here?" She asked wearily.

"Making brownies, my roommate told me about them, they're supposed to be delicious," I said with a fake excited tone.

She grabbed an apple and took a large bite out of it. He slammed her hands down on the counter.

"That fake show doesn't work on me, I'm onto you Jackie, I know you. I'm warning Ben so stay away from him and my friends," she said grabbing her apple and leaving.

"Mal, what do you have against me? I'm trying to change for the better," I said working up fake tears.

"Don't give me that bs. I don't believe it one bit. I know your tricks."

"Yeah, whatever," I said in a normal tone.

She left and I uncovered my book. I read the last ingredient, the hair. This makes it to where only Ben will feel the effect in case someone else eats a brownie.

I poured the batter and put it in the oven. I heard the door open again.

"Gosh Mal, I'm starting to think your obsessed," I retorted hiding my spell book.

My face fell when it was Ben not Mal.

"Mal told me you were in here. What's going on between you two?" He asked.