12

He had a black eye. I started crying from the pain but also because he got hurt. I went to the knot holding him tied up. It was almost like a slipknot. I pulled a piece of rope and it all came undone. I laid on the door face to face with him.

"Ben, please wake up."

I was still crying but he woke up. I let out a sigh. I grabbed his face, pulled him towards me, and kissed him.

"Why are you out of bed?" He asked. He sat up on his knees and helped me up carefully.

He laid me on the bed and pushed a button. He rubbed his head.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Quinn," I said simply.

A doctor rushed in.

"What happened?"

"Quinn came and knocked out Ben. He tied him up and went over to him to set him free and wake him up."

"Okay I'll check your stitches."

I pulled up my shirt and he undid my bandages. He removed the gauge that clung to my wound. One stitch had popped but the others were in tact.

"Only one popped, but it was one that I added for precaution and it hasn't done anything to your wound so you're good, but no more getting up."

I nodded and the doctor wrapped me up in new bandages. Just as I pulled my shirt back down guards entered the room with Mal.

"Ben, Celia escaped. Guards said you took her out, but they didn't know you were here," Mal explained.

"What? Where did they go?" He asked.

"We're not sure but I had everyone go out and search. I have guards on both sides of the bridge ."

"Okay, no one goes in or out without me knowing," Ben said.

Mal nodded and they all left. Ben rubbed his temples.

"It's okay, I think I know where they're going," i said.

"What do you mean?"

"When Quinn was in here he asked me to take him to Celia, he said all he wanted to do was taker her back to the isle and stay there with her."

"He wants to go with her?" He asked.

"He didn't know she attacked us, but he does now. Who knows what'll happen. He also got more blood from you for the necklace."

Ben pulled out his phone.

"Mal, I found out more information. New orders for everyone, any order from me must come from you and I must say a codeword, if I don't say it then It's Quinn disguised as me."

I heard mumbling from the phone.

"Okay, also they might be trying to go back to the isle, keep watch there. Okay, I'll text you the codeword."

He hung up and texted her the codeword. Her got off his phone and came over to me.

"I'm going to get this sorted out and then you and I are going to relax for a while," he said sitting next to me.

I nodded feeling guilty. I helped plan all of this. I betrayed Celia and Quinn, I betrayed Ben and Evie, and worst of all I betrayed my father. I always thought straight when I had my ring. Whatever godly powers it possessed helped me stay calm. I really need it.

I messed with my thumbs and Ben pulled me into him. He ran his fingers through my hair and helped calm me down. I guess I didn't need the ring if I had Ben to calm me down. We heard a noise from the outside of my room and Ben stood up. Celia and Quinn (looking like Ben) came in.

Celia locked the doors and Quinn came over to me. Ben stopped him and Quinn pushed him back. Ben roared out a beastly roar and grew hair and fangs. I got scared for a second and leaned up and grabbed Ben pulling him down with me.

"We're not here to hurt you," Quinn said.

"I didn't think you were," I said.

Ben snapped at him and I pulled him back.

"Ben stop," I ordered.

He looked at me and his fangs and most of the hair dissapeared, except for a cute little beard.

"What do you want?" Ben asked, sitting if front of me as though to protect me.

"To talk to Jackie," Celia said walking over to Quinn.

"Don't come near her, you attacked her!" Ben said standing up going towards Celia.

Quinn put up his hand and pushed Ben back.

"I wouldn't touch her," Quinn said.

"I've come to apologise to Jackie. I was only meaning to get Ben, you just... Got in my way," Celia said, avoiding she contact.

"It's okay, but also not okay," I said confusing myself.

"She got really hurt," Ben said still standing between them and myself.

Quinn leaned around Ben and he moved in front of him.

"What do you think I'm going to do! If I wanted to do anything I would've while you were out cold!" He snapped.

Ben sized up to him.

"Ben, it's fine," I said.

He backed off and sat next to me. Quinn came over and pulled out a tiny bottle. He gave it to me. I looked at it strangely.

"Healing potion, it was a gift from Alice's daughter."

Celia looked at him with envy in her eyes. As quickly as her mood changed, she looked away. I opened the bottle and smelled it. It smelled horrible but I trusted Quinn. Ben tried to stop me but I already drank it. I lifted my shirt and pulled back my bandages and gauge. In seconds my wound dissapeared leaving behind a small scar.

"Thank you, Quinn. You guys get out of here and head home," I said.

I looked towards Ben and he nodded calling Mal.

"Goodbye Quinn, goodbye Celia," I said as they left.

Ben looked at me after he got off the phone. He touched my stomache making sure it was really healed. I jumped onto him and hugged him. He picked me up and spun me around. He pulled me close and kissed me.

"I love you so much," I said.

"I love you too," He told me.