Chapter 13

"Everybody stay back!" The police officer told the curious populous crowding around the city block where explosions could be heard going off, a giant dragon made of fire had shot into the sky from the top of an old building. Giant white birds and exploding balls of water, even a web of black materiel began expanding from the building.

"What's happening?!"

"Is it the grimm?!"

"We don't know what is happening at the moment, which is why we need everyone to remain calm and stay back." The police officer replied to the almost frantic questions.

"Please listen to the man." Another voice spoke up from behind the crowd earning their attention. Ozpin stepped through the crowd of people with his cane in his hands, Glynda followed closely behind him. "I deeply apologize for any stress this may have caused, but it would seem several of my student are part taking in unauthorized sparring. I can promise each of you that they will be disciplined for this and any damages caused will be paid for. If nothing else I hope this reassures you all that the next generation of defenders against the grimm are a particularly strong bunch. This years tournament should prove quite entertaining." Ozpin explained with a smile on his face and a small chuckle. At hearing the explanation many in the crowd seemed to calm down considerably, some even seemed excited at mention of the tournament.

Making his way through the crowd Ozpin approached the building followed by Glynda.

The roof

"Almighty Push." Instantly a massive wave of force slammed into the bomb that had been falling towards the two ninja, the bomb was sent high into the air above the building where it detonated safely away from the group.

Once the explosion faded and everything was left in silence, every bodies eyes drifted to the one responsible. Pain stood with his hand still extended, turning his eye to the large ball of clay where Penny remained he spoke again. "Universal pull."

"PENNY!" Sasori screamed as the ball flew towards the orange haired god, he moved to intercept not knowing what his former leader wanted with the girl he loved.

"Sasori." He heard from behind him causing him to instinctively turn and attack only for him to hit a mass of paper. "Calm down." Konan spoke again as her body reformed. "We are not here to harm Miss Polendina, only to insure her safety."

"Sasori!" Sasori whipped around as Penny ran over towards him with the clay ball being torn open by Pain. Sasori quickly took the crying girl into his arms and pulled her close.

"Now that is something I didn't see coming." A third newcomer spoke up from a bent support beam. "Itachi, you're getting sloppy not to notice us, or those to shady guys over there." Juzo laughed from where he sat pointing to the broken window where Kakuzu and Hidan quickly climbed through having heard that they were found out.

Deidara rubbed his throat and looked around at everybody, a smile grew on his face as everything had ended without anyone dying, well he hoped it had ended. He wasn't keen on fighting his comrades like this, as of late he'd begun to see Kisame and Itachi with less malice. "Well would you look at this everybody's showed up to the party."

"I know right!" Deidara's blood ran cold at the voice that came from beside him, the voice of the one he hoped to be free of most upon death. "DEIDARA!" Deadara was engulfed in a massive hug and pulled to the ground. "Oh Deidara, it's been so awful without you around! Juzo never let's me hold his sword, Konan doesn't laugh at my jokes and Leader is always mad at me for something! Oh it's been TERRIBLE!"

"GET THE HELL OFF ME TOBI!" Deidara screamed as he tried to pry the masked man off of him.

Itachi watched the exchange with wide eyes which shifted into their mangyeko form at the sight of Obito. "Itachi." The Uchiha turned to the one who called his name and found Pain staring at him. "We have much to discuss." Pain's eye drifted to Obito.