Chapter 33

Salem raised her head from her pillow and looked around her bedroom, it was the picture of luxury, but then again a queen would never accept less. Looking down at her bed she only frowned for a moment, it was empty other than herself. Feeling a light breeze she looked over and saw the door to the balcony was open.

Sliding out of bed she began walking towards the balcony which over looked her grimm fields where her children were born. Leaning on the railing stood the one she'd been looking for, her king. "You're up earlier than usual." Salem wrapped an arm around his and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"I felt a shift, the original fall maiden is no longer dying. To mend her soul in such a way would require an immense amount of chakra." The man replied still looking out over the grimm fields.

"Yes, I felt it as well. I also received a report that little Cinder was defeated by a member of that group wearing red clouds. It sounds like she was beaten within an inch of her life, I've ordered Watts to go to Vale and treat her." Salem explained calmly.

"I will be leaving for Vale as well." The man stated simply causing Salem to look up in shock. "Kimimaru and Tetsu were never going to be enough to fight that group, even with the help of Izuna Uchiha they'd still lose. Vale would be destroyed in the process of course but that would lead to the inevitable power shift and all out war to break out. For our plans to succeed Vale must survive but Beacon must fall, Ozpin along with it. I will go to Vale and make sure this happens with my own hands." Turning the man began walking for the door.

The grimm queen watched as her king left. "Poor Ozpin." She smiled darkly.

Vale

"WHY ARE YOU HERE!?" Yang shouted pointing at the one they'd be shadowing for their first real mission as a team. She along with the entire group couldn't help but stare wide eyed at the instructor.

"Ms. Xiao Long, my hearing isn't so bad as to need you to shout." Pain responded while also reaching into his coat and withdrawing a plastic rectangle. "And I'm almost certain you already know about my team as well as Itachi's being made official huntsmen, Juzo and Tobi wouldn't stop bragging about it even after I ordered them to keep it under wraps."

"You're all huntsmen? But we just started Beacon!" Ruby asked looking shocked.

"Indeed, however my compatriots and I each have years of experience in both combat and field work. To put it simply Ms. Rose, we're all already well beyond the skill level required to graduate from this academy and the Headmaster, along with General Ironwood, deemed it fitting to promote use to full Huntsmen. Please do me a favor and keep this information to yourselves for the time being." Pain explained before putting his huntsmen's license back into his coat.

"Okay, but why you?" Yang growled with red eyes.

Pain didn't react at all to her glare. "Originally Dr. Oobleck was going to be your huntsmen for this mission, but he wanted to make changes to the exams for this semester. So Ozpin asked Kisame, but he said, and I quote, 'fuck that shit, I'm out' and then disappeared into the mountains with Juzo for a training trip. Itachi was his next choice but he turned it down saying that since he and Ms. Schnee here are now in a relationship that he would have a bias in grading your performance. Next was Kakuzu but he's busy looking for Hidan whose been missing for two days now. He was about to ask Sasori when I volunteered, I have no plans and no qualms with your team." He met Yang's gaze. "Nor do I care about any problems you may have with me, so I am the best man for the job."

"You're going out on a mission Nagato, that's surprising. I'm taking out a group myself." A familiar chuckle came from nearby. Turning the group looked and found team JNPR standing with a tall man who was so pale he made Weiss look tan.