Chapter 31

"And it's because of this that we kill! In killing our neighbors we are providing a mercy in the form of curing their fear of death. This is the ultimate act of mercy one can show a stranger, and in order to achieve this goal lord Jashin has blessed me with immortality." Hidan spoke passionately to the short multi colored girl sitting on a tree stump, around the pair several dozen grimm. "Do you understand?"

Neo who had been listening with wrapped attention nodded her head vigorously with a wide smile on her face. Hidan's smile grew even wider at the response. "You do? Really?" He asked looking to the girl with a mix of surprise and joy on his face. After running into the short girl at the air pads she asked if he' wanted to go grimm hunting in the forest. Being bored as he was Hidan he agreed easy enough even without his weapons.

After several minutes of walking through the woods they encountered a small pack of ursa and began cutting them down, Hidan using their own bone spikes as weapons to do so. In the middle of the battle the girl had surprised him when she pierced his chest with the blade in her umbrella, he then in turn surprised her by yanking the blade out and killing the last ursa with it. The next few minutes were spent with Hidan and Neo trying to kill each other until they eventually got bored and Neo used her scroll to ask how he was alive which lead to their current conversation.

Falling to his knees Hidan grasped his amulet and closed his eyes. "Oh lord Jashin, thank you for bringing another of your children to me. I promise to teach them all of your way and make you proud." Opening his eyes again he looked to Neo. "How would you like to be a Jashinist my new friend?"

Neo smiled again with clear interest in her eyes, using her scroll she typed out a quick message. 'Show me what to do!'

With Itachi

Itachi spun the smiling Weiss as the two danced, pulling her back he gave her the usual Uchiha grin. The two had been dancing for the past three songs and a small amount of sweat could be seen forming on her forehead. Gesturing to the side of the dance floor Itachi began leading the heiress towards a doorway against the wall the lead to a set of stairs. Quickly ascending the flight the two found themselves on the balcony.

"I'm surprised, you're a far better dancer than I thought you'd be. What with being a warrior and all." Weiss laughed leaning against his side while taking in the view.

Itachi nodded as he put his arm around the girl earning a blush in response. "As the child of my clans head I was expected to have certain skills, dancing was one. My mother forced me two learn several different dances when I was four, my brother was lucky enough to not have to worry about such things seeing as how I was the heir."

"You have a brother?" Weiss looked to him curiously.

Itachi nodded again with a warm smile. "Yes, Sasuke. My little brother, five years younger than I am, mother liked to baby him."

"Is he..." Weiss asked gently knowing it was likely a sensitive topic.

"Dead? No, at least I highly doubt he is. The last time we fought I had been very sick, but he still managed to push me to my absolute limit. I'd be willing to bet he could beat me now if we were to fight again, I'm sure he's gotten far stronger since we last met." Itachi spoke with pride in his voice that reminded her quite a bit of her own sister. "After our parents were killed I tried to lead him down a path towards the light, but only managed to force him into the darkness. Luckily he had someone to drag him back to the right path and was a far better brother to him than I ever could've been."

Weiss was quiet as she took in his words while also enjoying the warmth his body gave off. "Do you want to see him?"

"More than anything, but it's better he thinks I'm dead." He hadn't realized what he'd said until it had left his mouth and instantly regretted it.