Chapter 5

Gabriel Joe Grant Cara was the cutest, chunkiest little thing I've seen in a long time. All dark pink skin and fat rolls, he reminded me a lot of JJ when he was born, I honestly didn't want to leave the hospital, but with five grown kids of mine who were over it, we had to go.

"Babe, honestly, I would do it again." Jake muttered, bringing our clasped hands to his lips so he could kiss the back of mine.

I raised a brow, settling into the seat, my eyes on my husband, "I would too if I didn't have to carry it in my belly." I said seriously, the twins were a complicated birth, plus, I'm pretty sure my sis menopause was creeping up on me.

Jake pouted, glancing at me quickly, "Fuck, but I love you pregnant."

I rolled my eyes, looking down as his hand came and settled on my belly, "You only like me pregnant because I want to give you head all the time-"

"-We can hear you guys," JJ groaned disgusted, making Jake and I laugh.

We were actually laughing pretty hard, but then Jada's sweet voice cut through, "What's head? This boy asked me to give him head so I slapt him cause it sounded nasty." She said honestly, making everyone in the Escalade go silent.

Jake's hand curled up in a fist, bunching my shirt up, my blood started to boil a little as well. JJ was the first to talk though, "What was the boys name?" He asked calmly.

"Ivan Gates."

"You know him Aiden?" JJ asked, actually cracking his knuckles, he was very serious. The most serious I've heard him in a while.

Jake turned to me with a slight smirk on his face as Aiden grunted, "I know his brother."

"Jada, Aiden and I are gonna take care of him." JJ said simply, making my bite my lip.

Jake released my shirt as Jada muttered a meek, "Okay, did I do something wrong?"

"Not at all Princess," Jake said, no room for argument in his voice, "You're brothers are just going to make sure that little boy doesn't disrespect you ever again." He reached up and adjusted the rear view so he could see JJ. "Just don't get the cops called on you."

"Aye aye, captain."

I shook my head, letting the boys handle this one, I didn't need another nasty argument with some suburban white mother hopped up on martinis under my belt. I had plenty.

"They're twelve Mommy, can you believe that?" Ava muttered, she was seated at the island in our kitchen, a cup of hot chocolate in her hand as I pulled out ingredients for the slow cook chilly we were having the next night.

I sighed, "I actually can. It's terrifying but it's also the world we live in." I shook my head, glancing up at Ava who was staring into her mug, her hair fallen into her face. "Cookie, what's up?"

She remained silent, fingers adorned with chipped red nail polish tapping the burgundy mug, I started to get worried.

"When did you lose your virginity?"

Tension, dread, something heavy hit my stomach. I knew this conversation would come but man I didn't want to talk about this. My story was fucked up, I slid the cutting board before me and grabbed a pepper.

"I was... I was a wild child." I said honestly, "I was angry at my parents for shipping me off to America. I was angry at my aunt who was supposed to be my savior, but was really a giant asshole and I was angry at myself for, well, for a lot of things. Anyways, I told you, my aunt made me start working at fourteen."

"Right."

I sighed, "Well, I had this friend, he was in a couple of my classes, he was also Filipino, when he found out I was half, he never left me alone. I didn't mind, he was cool people."