Chapter 8

Ava was very upset, Jaden informed me as Jada and I walked up the front steps. He was sitting on the porch, eating his ice cream which was soup at this point (he's always been a slow eater) when he stopped us. "Be careful mommy, she's being a jerk right now."

"Okay, thank you for the warning." I told him, gesturing for him to get up and come inside. Him and Jada went ahead of me, I checked the mail and trailed behind, shutting the door with my hip. My phone dinged in my pocket, I shuffled through the mail, making my way to the kitchen.

I stopped at a letter from Jake's old high school, taking a detour to slip the letter under his office door. I was about to walk away but then I heard voices, so I paused and listened.

"Baby, baby, I swear it was never like that..." Aiden was saying, trying to sound all smooth so he could sweet talk whoever he was on the phone with.

I frowned, walking into the kitchen and tossing the rest of the mail on the island. "Does Aiden have a girlfriend?"

"Yes."

Jaden smacked Jada, "You weren't supposed to tell." He whispered.

"I know but she knows," Jada whispered back.

I kept my back to them, opening the fridge so I could grab the stuff for dinner and so they couldn't see me holding back my laughter.

Jaden sighed, "I told Aiden she'd find out."

"That's right, boogie man, I always find out." I said, turning with the chicken filets in hand, I gave both my youngest a stern look making their little eyes widen.

Jada swallowed, "She thinks he cheated." My eyebrows shot up and at the same moment Jada slapped a hand over her mouth. "I didn't mean to say that," She blurted turning to Jaden for help.

That silly boy had his head hung, shaking it back and forth as if the whole plot had been foiled. I looked between the two, trying to figure out where to start, because these two knew everything. Jada, as you can see, was always very forthcoming with information. I never had to worry about her hiding anything from me. Jaden, however, was a little more tight lipped, he was also sneaky and knew everything. Which meant he kept some things from Jada because she, well, she couldn't hold water.

I was about to take the easy approach when Jake's office door swung open, "We don't know anything," I told the twins, getting understanding nods from them both as their brother entered the room.

He looked stressed, shoulders tense as he came in not saying anything. The room was tense, Jada breathing ridiculously hard unlike her brother who was a pro. He kept eating his ice cream soup.

"How was your day, Butter?" I asked Aiden, going to grab a knife from the butchers block.

Aiden just grunted, opening the fridge and pulling out a can of seltzer water. How he drank that stuff, I have not a clue, but him and JJ loved the shit. I blame their nanny.

I watched him out of the corner of my eye as I sliced the package of chicken open. "I don't speak caveman, babe."

He drank like half the can in one go, stopping at the end of the island near Jada. I tossed the knife in the sink before going to grab a bowl and my spice rack. I didn't notice the look he was giving the twins until I started putting together my spice rub.

Aiden sighed, "They told you?"

I wasn't a snitch, so I licked my finger and dipped it in the mix, "Told me what?" I asked, sucking my finger.

Aiden's green eyes drilled into me for two point two seconds before he shook his head, "My day was terrible." He said honestly, raising his can in the air as a cheers.