Chapter 6

Around six AM, after I spent a good hour just watching my husband sleep, his features relaxed, both of us thoroughly satiated, reliving the moments we had just shared, I snuck down to the kitchen finding everything where I left it. I turned on some music and began prepping again, pouring my love into what I was doing.

Jake provided for me, even in college when we were both struggling, he made sure I was straight, always. The only way I ever felt I could repay him was sex and food, but since he always refrained from doing anything besides making out or pleasing me when I was feeling particularly indebted to him, food was my only option.

The first time I cooked for him was thanksgiving junior year, when we both couldn't afford to fly to his home, so we stayed in Wisconsin and I made some traditional meals. I learned a lot from my dad who's Filipino but grew up in Haiti (he was the main chef) and then I got a bunch of recipes from my aunt because that was my first job when I got to America, her personal chef.

Anyways, I made us an eclectic meal of Filipino and Haitian dishes and he absolutely loved it. One of my favorite thanksgivings to this day, well, that one and the one where Grant brought a date who had actually been in love with Dustin since high school and she, well, she tried to flirt with him and then Dustin's on again off again girlfriend showed up and fought her.

Now that's a thanksgiving I won't forget.

Once the chilly was made and properly stewing in the crockpot, I made my way back upstairs so I could curl up with my husband for a few moments before the alarm clocks went off and chaos would ensue.

"Can we go to McDonalds?"

"No."

"But mommy-"

"-Jaden, your mother said no," Jake said, backing me up, I reached over and squeezed his arm.

"B-but I've got McDonald's money." He whined, and then there was a smack.

"Shut up, Jay." Aiden grumbled, Jaden hissing in pain.

"Don't hit." I scolded, my eyes falling on Jake's hand as he fussed with the radio, my heart was beating sensually slow, I felt like love was literally coursing through my veins. "Niall's sermon was amazing." I muttered.

Jake dropped his hand to my thigh, pushing my dress up so it was flesh on flesh, "It really was, I never knew that marriage represented Christ and the church."

"Same, but it makes sense," I nodded, placing my hand over his, my middle finger rubbing his wedding band. "You've shown me the love of Christ time and time again, baby."

He glanced at me, a shocked, gleeful look lighting up his eyes, he raised our hands to his mouth and kissed mine. "I'm so thankful for you, Avery, you have no idea." He whispered against my skin, kissing my knuckles a few more times before returning our hands to my knee. He squeezed me, "God, I'm lucky."

The painful beating of my heart sped up, a warmth spreading in my belly. I felt loved, by God, but my husband, it was overwhelming and I wanted nothing more than to show that love to Jake.

We came to a stop at the light, the kids discussion, argument, whatever, vaguely tickling the back of my mind as I leaned over the counsel.

I placed one hand on his thigh, my lips stopping right by his ear, "I want to love you, like really love you. I want to wear that dress you like with those red heels you bought me and that lingerie with the lace that barely covers my nipples. I want to wine you and dine you and then take you back to our hotel room and do that thing you like. I want you to have your way with me, I want-"

"-Daddy, the light is green." Jada said loudly, snapping me out of my trance.

Fuck, I forgot the kids were in the car.