{19}: Christmas Day.

BECKY'S P.O.V.

It's been a week since I've been home, I've hung out with the gang almost every day since I got off the plane, but today was Christmas day. I awoke early like I usually did on Christmas and began heading down the stairs, I walked into the living room to see that the presents were all around the tree, as I walked over I stopped to examine the names on them, barely any of them were for me. I sighed before turning on my heel and heading back up the stairs to get dressed, I walked into my room and grabbed my hairbrush, instantly yanking the brush through my tangled bedhead hair. I then headed towards my wardrobe and grabbed a pair of black leggings and a long dress sweater, I pulled both pieces of clothing on before pulling on a pair of Ugg boots and heading back down the stairs where I sat on the sofa and played on my phone until my parents or brother showed their faces.

I quickly sent a text to the group chat I was in with the girls.

To The Girls 💖:

Hey guys. Is it possible for you both to meet me in the park whilst your parents cook lunch? I need to see you both xx

I hit send as my aunt and uncle walked in, "Good morning sweetheart." My uncle said. "Good morning, Lou." I smiled slightly as he kissed my forehead and Mel sat beside me, watching me on my phone. "Your friends seem nice." She stated. I put my phone down and turned to her with a smile, "They are aunt Mel. They're the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing." I sighed. "But in two years, that might not be the case anymore." I added. "Why not?" She asked. "They're gonna forget about me Mel." I shrugged. "They say they won't but they will." I added. "Hunny, if they're your true friends then they won't forget about you." She replied. "They'll get sick of waiting, they'll move on. The messages will become shorter and shorter." I shrugged. "They'll be in University or full time jobs by the time I return, I won't have a say in anything that happens and if I try to start a conversation I know I'll be brushed off." I sighed. She nodded before sighing, "What about that boy?" She asked. "Which?" I questioned. "Jimin?" She said questioningly. "What about him?" Confusion taking over my body. "You like him, he likes you... I'm sure he'll wait for you." She replied. "No, he won't." I shook my head. "I told him not to." I added. "Why'd you do a silly thing like that?" Lou asked as my mother walked in. "Because he never loved her, isn't that obvious? He used her for a dare and she got heartbroken about it and started acting up, he won't wait for her because he doesn't want to. If what she's saying is true and he really was interested in her then he'd have put up more of a fight when she told him not to wait, but he agreed with her... Which means he doesn't care." She said as she headed over to her usual chair. I watched her go, holding back the tears, "Molly..." Lou said warningly. "I'm telling the truth and you know it, if only my delusional daughter could see it." She replied. "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I screamed as I rose to my feet. "You don't know nor do you care about anything that Jimin and I went through, you don't have a clue about what happened between us. You don't know anything about me or my life so you don't get a fucking say in anything!" I yelled. "You, Molly, are not my mother!" I snapped. "You're just the woman who did a piss poor job at raising me!" I screamed before wiping away the tears and leaving the room. Ignoring the shocked and scared faces of my family members, I walked over to the front door and yanked it open before walking out and slamming it behind me.

I began walking down the street, tears filling my eyes as I made it to the park, I walked in and headed straight towards the climbing frame, I climbed up and sat on the very top. I looked out over the city before letting my tears fall, making sure to block my mouth so that no passers by would hear me.

"Hey, you okay up there?" Someone asked. "Fine..." I replied dryly, not bothering to turn to see who it was. "Becky?" They asked. I finally turned my head to see Jin standing at the bottom of the climbing frame, he was in his jogging gear and had his earphones in, he saw my tear-stained face and immediately began climbing up, "What're you doing out here all alone on Christmas day?" He asked me. "My mom pissed me off." I shrugged. "What did she say this time?" He asked as he sat beside me. "Too much. It pushed me over the edge and I screamed at her and told her that she was no longer my mother." I replied. "Oh god, I'm so sorry." He sighed as he hugged me. "What about you? Do you always jog on Christmas?" I asked him. "Yeah, I actually jog everyday but yeah, it includes Christmas." He smiled. "Oh..." I smiled as I finally hugged him back. "So, you not going home all day?" He asked. "I don't know. I might just text my uncle and head on back to Korea." I shrugged. "Don't do that, we need you here. Plus, the planes aren't running today." He sighed. "Oh yeah... Well I don't know what I'm gonna do then." I sighed. "It's okay, I'll figure something out." I smiled. He nodded and smiled, "Of course you will, you're Jung Rebecca, she always figures it out." He smiled. I nodded and smiled, "Go back to your family Jin, they're probably waiting on you." I told him. "Are you gonna be okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I nodded. He kissed my cheek and nodded, "See you tomorrow, Bex." He smiled. "You will." I nodded as I watched him climb down the climbing frame. He waved to me one last time before putting his earphones back in and jogging off down the pathway and out of the park. I watched him go with a slight smile before looking back out over the city. Snow soon began falling.