{20}: Christmas Day ~ Part 2.

NARRATORS P.O.V.

The ticking of the clock is all that could be heard in the hospital waiting room as Becky's friends sat around; Both girls were crying silently, Jimin was staring blankly with tears streaming down his face, Jungkook and Yoongi were holding it together for the sake of the girls, Namjoon was hugging Jimin whilst his face bared tears of his own, Taehyung and Hoseok were sat quietly, neither of them quite not knowing what to say and Jin was pacing the floor, holding back his own tears and trying to be strong for the sake of everybody else. They were all waiting to be told something, anything! Anoesjka had tried calling Molly but she claimed that this was Becky's cry for attention and that she'll probably be back safe and sound by the end of the day... But her uncle and aunt were there, holding one another in fear that they'd lose their niece. They'd all been waiting two hours already, they'd all had to call home and tell their parents the news and how they wouldn't be home for dinner, each teenager as heartbroken as the next whilst talking to their parents.

After another two hours a nurse finally came out, "Rebecca needs brain surgery or she will die, she's lost a lot of blood and she hit her head pretty hard. If she doesn't have the surgery, she'll only have about a week left..." The nurse began explaining. "What are the risks?" Lou asked. He and Mel were her only family members there so it was up to them to make the decision, "Like any surgery, there are risks, some more minor than others, there could be complications as we try to stop the bleeding, there's the possibility she won't survive the surgery but it is more likely that we'll get through the surgery without a hitch and Rebecca will be able to live a long happy life." She began explaining. Lou and Mel shared a look, "With Rebecca being an adult, we would normally get her to sign the consent form, but as she's still currently unconscious we have to put the decision into the hands of her family." She added. "This is our only chance, Lou." Mel told her husband. "But we could lose her..." Lou said, his voice breaking slightly. "Or we could save her." Mel replied. Lou nodded and sighed as he took the consent form and began to sign it, "How soon can you do it?" Mel asked. "Well, with it being Christmas, theatre is empty today so we can fit her in within the next hour." The nurse replied as Lou handed the consent form to Mel. She quickly signed it as Lou grabbed his phone and texted Molly.

To Molly:

I know you don't care but I think you deserve to know, your daughter is having to have brain surgery because she has bleeding on the brain. She could die if there are any malfunctions, please think about how you last treated her... Think how that could be her last memory of you and it could be your last memory of her? Do you want that Molly? Your own flesh and blood, if even an ounce of you still cares about that girl, you will get down to the hospital within the next hour, if not then we know where she stands within your life.

He hit the send button as the nurse walked away with the completed consent form, she headed back into Rebecca's room as Jin stared over at Lou who was now silently crying, "She's stronger than she makes out, she's our Becky, she's a fighter. She'll make it through this." Jin reassured not just Lou but everyone else in the waiting room. "I'm just glad she'll have you guys to come back to when she's twenty one." Mel replied. "We'll always be here." Jungkook said as he spoke for everyone. They soon turned their heads to see Rebecca being wheeled towards the surgery room, she was still unconscious but she she had a breathing mask on that kept condensing up meaning she was breathing. They watched on until the door was closed behind the doctors and nurses, now it was a waiting game. 

HOURS LATER

Hours passed by, one turned to two, two turned to three, three turned to four and before they knew it, it was 7PM. Becky was finally wheeled back out of the surgery room and towards a recovery room as the nurse approached the gang in the waiting room, Becky's mom still hadn't shown and Lou was annoyed at her for it, "So, did everything go okay?" Mel asked. "Everything went smoothly, yes. We managed to stop the bleeding on the brain, she is as good as new." The nurse smiled. "We've put her in a recovery room so she can be monitored whilst the anaesthesia wears off but after that she will be returned back to her ward and you'll all be able to see her." She told them all. "Thank you!" Lou smiled. A relieved look finally crossing his face, she smiled and nodded before walking away and back towards the recovery room to check on her patient. 

BECKY'S P.O.V.

I awoke to the sound of beeping, I had a massive headache right now and when I lifted my hand to my head I felt fabric, "What?" I asked myself before my vision cleared. I saw someone in a doctors outfit at the end of my bed, "Where am I?" I asked. "You're at the hospital sweetheart. My name is doctor Fisher." She told me. "Right... Why am I here? What happened?" I questioned. "You fell off the climbing frame, sweetpea. You hit your head pretty hard causing it to bleed, you've just come out of surgery so you must be careful and not be too loud as that will affect the headache you're currently experiencing." She said. I slowly nodded before glancing around, "I'm guessing I've got no visitors..." I mumbled. "No hunny, you do." She nodded with a smile. "We just have to take you back to your room as that's the room they can visit you in." She smiled as she grabbed my bed and began wheeling me out of the room I was currently in. She wheeled me into another room that wasn't too far from the previous one and she smiled down at me, "I'll go and get your friends." She told me before leaving the room. I watched her go before slowly leaning my head back against the pillow. 

Soon enough, I heard the footsteps of people in the corridor, my door was soon pushed open and in walked Anoesjka and Demi, as soon as they saw me awake they ran over to hug me. The hug was tighter than ever before, "If you scare us like that again, we'll kill you ourselves!" Anoesjka warned me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... I slipped." I mumbled. "Well next time, don't slip!" Demi laughed as we pulled out of the hug. Before I even had time to process anything, I was pulled into a hug by Namjoon and Jin, then Jungkook and Yoongi and then Hoseok and Taehyung, then Mel and Lou... Lastly was Jimin, I stared over at him, he was leaning on the doorway. I could instantly tell he'd been crying... Hard. "Jiminie..." I began. This caused him to run towards me and hug me as tight as he could, I hugged him back. I then felt my shoulder begin to get wet as I let a couple of my own tears out, "Hey, I'm okay." I whispered soothingly as I ran my fingers through his hair, he'd clearly being running his fingers through it in distress because it was currently a mess and Jimin never had messy hair. "Becky, I thought I was going to lose you... That thought scared the hell out of me." He told me. "I'm here now, okay? I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, Chim Chim." I reassured him. "You promise?" He asked as he pulled back from the hug and stared me straight in the eyes. "I promise..." I smiled. "If we can survive Korea then we can survive this... Right?" I added. "Yeah." He nodded before kissing my cheek. I then glanced around, "Did anyone tell mom?" I asked. "We did hunny, she wasn't interested in coming down." Lou sighed. Well, that hurt. My own mother knowing I had to have surgery and she doesn't even bother showing up, I guess that shows how little she's come to care for me. I shook off my thoughts and plastered a smile on my face, "Eh, I don't need her." I shrugged before seeing the nurse come back in. "Hi Rebecca, I thought I'd let you know that we're gonna keep you in overnight so that we can monitor your recovery but you should be able to go home in twenty four hours." Fisher told me. I nodded and smiled, "Thanks doc." I replied. "No problem." She said before walking out once again. I glanced around at my family and friends before opening my mouth, "What a Christmas, eh?" I giggled. "Yeah, you really know how to put a downer on the days, Bex." Anoesjka said jokingly. I laughed slightly before glancing around at each of them, I was so glad that these guys were my friends. It wouldn't be long until I was having to fly back to Korea.

A/N ~ This ones a short one, I'm sorry for that. It is kinda a filler chapter plus to be honest I was really really tired whilst writing this so... But I hope you guys enjoyed nonetheless, I will be ending this story soon but please keep an eye out for my next upcoming BTS story! Vote and comment, guys! 😇

Much love, JiminsPrincesca 💖