Chapter 2

A blonde man ran through the trees with a wide grin, a child with long golden hair watching in awe as he leapt into the air, and transformed into an eagle.

The girl giggled excitedly and tried to copy her father, running and jumping, all while flapping her arms.

The eagle's blue eyes softened, as though he was smiling, then turned back in mid-air.

"Yang, you need to imagine it, running and jumping is just how I take off." he explained, hitting the ground and sending snow everywhere.

"What do I imagine?" she asked, eyes glittering in excitement.

"Whatever you want, preferably an animal you can clearly picture yourself as." Tai answered.

Yang tapped her chin thoughtfully, looking sideways like her mother does. "Hm... a dragon!"

"Maybe... something else?" Tai asked hesitantly.

"Why!" Yang whined.

"Because... well, just pick something smaller." Tai suggested, wishing Raven was here.

"Okay!" She squeezed her eyes shut and hummed in thought, then her eyes popped open and she started jumping excitedly.

"Got one?" Tai asked.

"Yep!" Yang beamed.

Tai gestured in a random direction and the blonde took off with impressive speed, then she leapt in the air and was engulfed in flames.

----------

"Yang!" Ruby called to the daydreaming girl.

"Hm?" the blonde responded, still lost in thought.

"Everyone's waking up!" Ruby pointed out.

She gestured around the room at the other students who were slowly waking up.

"So? People take hours to wake up." Yang dismissed.

Ruby pouted, but couldn't deny it. "What were you thinking about?"

"The first time I turned with dad." Yang answered quietly.

She'd never liked admitting out loud what she could turn into, she'd been so excited that she  just picked the first thing that came to mind, something she found... admittedly embarrassing now...

"I don't get why you're so embarrassed, I like my spirit animal." Ruby admitted.

"But yours is a wolf!" Yang whined.

"And yours is-" the red head got cut off by Yang covering her mouth.

"Don't." Yang hissed, nodding to the girls on either side of them, Blake on Yang's side, and Weiss on Ruby's, both of which were waking up.

"Stop shouting..." Weiss moaned sleepily. "Too early..."

Ruby and Yang glanced at the clock.

"It's seven am." Yang stated.

Blake rolled over and looked up at Yang. "Really...?"

Yang hummed and fiddled with Blake's bow, adjusting it so it covered her ears which were starting to show, an action that woke Blake up instantly.

The faunus shot up and checked to make sure her ears were properly covered, her cheeks getting darker as she did.

"Th-Thank you." Blake said before grabbing her clothes and running off to get changed.