Chapter 13

Blake stood in the doorway, ready to sneak out to go 'visit' Adam.

The sunrise peeking through the trees was a problem though, she knew it wouldn't kill her, but it'd still hurt.

Blake bit her lip as the sunlight stretched across the grass, getting closer to the point where she wanted to go back inside and come up with a different plan.

But as the sun closed in on her, it seemed to stop a metre away from her, allowing her a small patch of darkness.

Blake blinked in surprise and stepped forward, the shadow following her as she walked across the clearing toward the treeline.

"Blake." a familiar voice called, causing her to freeze, but she didn't turn.

"I'm going Yang." Blake said, leaving no room for argument.

"I'm not stopping you, just promise you'll come back." Yang pleaded.

Blake turned to find Yang in the doorway, staring at her.

"I'll only be gone a few days," Blake reassured with a hesitant smile.

Yang shook her head.

"It doesn't matter how long, just please promise you'll return." she begged.

"I'll be back, with one less enemy." Blake promised.

Yang nodded in relief.

"Take this then." she said, tossing something wrapped in cloth.

Blake caught it and stared at it curiously; a silver dagger.

"It was my dad's, so take care of it." Yang ordered. "Also, it means everything to me, so I'll want it back."

Blake smiled gratefully and nodded, she had a feeling she'd need it.

"I'll be home before you know it." she promised, before disappearing into the shadows.

"You better." Yang said.

----------

"Ruby, may I ask a favour?" Weiss asked.

The two were sat on the couch having coffee with Yang's homemade cookies, watching TV.

"Sure Weiss," Ruby said, turning to her curiously.

"I have something I need to do in Atlas, and I'd like you to come with me." Weiss asked.

Ruby tilted her head.

"Atlas huh..." she murmured, thinking about a man in white with cold, icy blue eyes, responsible for her family's death. "What were you going to do?"

"Just visit my family, it has been a while." Weiss answered.

"Sure Weiss, I'd love to meet your family." Ruby grinned, eyes flashing red at the thought of meeting her father.

"You two going somewhere?" Yang asked, walking in from the kitchen.

"Weiss is taking me to meet her family." Ruby answered.

Yang hummed and sat down with them.

"Well have fun, Blake left this morning for a simular reason, just don't leave me alone too long." Yang said, not that she minded that much.

"Want us to get you anything?" Weiss asked.

Yang perked up. "If you don't mind, some of that dust you can only get in Atlas would be great."

"What kind is that?" Ruby asked.

Weiss heaved a sigh. "You mean straight from my father, right?"

Yang grinned, but shook her head.

"Nah, I meant that new silver dust." Yang answered.

"Silver? You mean gravity dust?" Weiss asked in confusion. "And it isn't new."

"Is to me," Yang stated.

"So you just want gravity dust?" Weiss asked, finding it hard to believe.

"Yep," Yang popped, grinning. "I'll need it for when we get back to Beacon."

Weiss just sighed again. "Very well."

Ruby stared at Yang for a long moment, before shrugging and standing up, pulling Weiss up with her.

"Come on Weiss, we should go pack." Ruby said.

Weiss stared at the red head curiously.

"Why does she want gravity dust?" Weiss asked when they got upstairs.

"Yang has this weird hobby where she collects popular stuff and uses them for silly things," Ruby explained. "She probably only wants it to prank someone at Beacon."

Weiss smiled at the thought of the century old vampire doing something so... childish.

"So, when are we leaving?" Ruby asked.